Wish 'Ignore' or 'Safe' state for blocks within Scenes

In addition to 'On' and 'Bypass' states for each block within a Scene, an optional 'Ignore' state for each block. Let's say you like switching between Scenes 1 and 2 for different amp, delay and reverb settings, but you'd like your drive to remain in its current state, whether that's on or off. In other words, if you had turned your drive on, you want it to stay on when switching to Scene 2. If you had turned your drive off, you want it to stay off when switching to Scene 2. An 'Ignore' state for the drive block (or any block) would accomplish this, and would greatly open up Scenes' usefulness.

I'd call it something else than Ignore, but that's semantics.

"Ignore" as a Bypass Mode does not work because you still need to specifiy the block's inital state when switching to a preset, which can't be "Ignore".

It would have to be a scene-specific thing, like the Scene Revert parameter, but per block.

Probably a new parameter in the block, which (in case of scene switching) specifies if the block should inherit its state from the previous scene or not.
If not, it should recall its stored state, or its state when the scene was last active, depending on the Scene Revert setting.

It woud get quite complex.

But carrying over effect states between scenes sure would be a nice feature.

You know.. It occurs to me that when you save a preset
I'd call it something else than Ignore, but that's semantics.

"Ignore" as a Bypass Mode does not work because you still need to specifiy the block's inital state when switching to a preset, which can't be "Ignore".

It would have to be a scene-specific thing, like the Scene Revert parameter, but per block.

Probably a new parameter in the block, which (in case of scene switching) specifies if the block should inherit its state from the previous scene or not.
If not, it should recall its stored state, or its state when the scene was last active, depending on the Scene Revert setting.

It woud get quite complex.

But carrying over effect states between scenes sure would be a nice feature.

How about "lock"

I was also thinking that you could - on save - compile the preset in such a way where in had a sort of set of linked blocks... so like if you switched from scene 2 to 6 it would know not to change... but man that gets super complex.

A much simpler but less powerful approach would be to just "lock" a block across all scenes (relative to it's x/y state).

Anyway, you'd know better than me. :)

Last edited:
kzMnifI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom