If you're searching for a great double tracked sound..

Give this a go:

1. Take an amp sound you like.. for me it was a particular JCM800 setting.
2. Pan it hard left
3. Create a replica with AMP 2 and pan it hard right
4. Put a drive block before AMP 2 and give it just a bit of drive (I use the Rat dist with a drive setting of 1, I also boosted the tone considerably to bring back the top end that the rat dist mellowed out)

This is working really well for me.. sounds really natural and wide. One side is a little cleaner than I'd like and one side is a bit smoother and more saturated and high gain... they work well together to create a cohesive wide sound.. way better than anything I have achieved through the stereo enhancer or delay tricks

You'll be left with one problem though, the dynamics aren't the same.. you might have your levels balanced for when you're playing hard but when you play gently the cleaner side vanishes. This is due to the gain on the higher gain side compressing the signal. So all you then need to do is run a compressor before the clean amp.. mess around with it until the guitar sound is balanced when you play soft or hard....

I usually use different amps and or cabs. Or play it again if need be. Thanks for the tip. I'll try this out!

I've found that using the pitch block on auto tune kinda-sorta does the same thing, especially on bends and such. It seems to be a pretty subtle auto tune in the default mode, not too weird.

I use a heavy amp in row 1 (Das Metal) and then in row 2 I use a Jr. Blues to add clarity and clean it up a bit. Works great for me. :)

Yeah, that's what I usually try and go for. It's just getting that fine balance between the 2 amps.

Back
Top Bottom