If you're a fan of warped, self-indulgent guitar music...

https://sheervelocity.bandcamp.com/album/the-sharp-tang-of-hubris

Hello guitar afficionados,

I spend a certain amount of time each year recording odd, self-indulgent guitar music for a side project called Sheer Velocity. It's the musical equivalent of hitting a punching bag or going to a shooting range; I get it out of my system and then can hopefully function as a normal musician in society afterward. Anyway, I've just put a new SV album up for sale/streaming on Bandcamp, called The Sharp Tang of Hubris.

It was culled from about 70 instrumentals recorded mainly during Jan/Feb 2014. The remaining tracks were ground into a fine powder and scattered over Brooklyn late at night.

Listen for free all you want, or download the album and get three bonus tracks (if you can HANDLE it!)

As always, each was written/recorded/mixed in more or less one sitting.

These recordings are fortified with Axe-FX2 goodness. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Great stuff!

Perhaps an odd thing to comment on, but there's something that I really like about the cymbal sound in Broken Bottle to the Face. I don't know enough about the recording of drums to say what.

Great stuff!

Perhaps an odd thing to comment on, but there's something that I really like about the cymbal sound in Broken Bottle to the Face. I don't know enough about the recording of drums to say what.

Funny. I was thinking the same thing. The cymbal sounds like it's right in front of you in the room.

2 tracks in, This is cool!
What did you use for the violin trills?

Thanks for sharing :)

I didn't know I was a fan of warped, self-indulgent guitar music (outside of my own). Congrats, very tasty.

I enjoy this. The overall feel reminds me a bit of Ron Jarzombek, and that's a good thing if you're going for "warped, self-indulgent guitar music." Good stuff.

Ohhh right Blotted Science....WAAAAY more mathy and techy than anything I do but the comparison is flattering for sure.

I was thinking more of his older solo work. It generally has a looser feel and isn't as heavy or "mathy" as Blotted Science (which I also thoroughly enjoy).

Back
Top Bottom