If you could have any two 4x12 cabs, what would they be?

maschoff

Experienced
If you could have any two 4x12s which two would you want? And why?

Just brainstorming and would love to hear your input :)

A lot of people like to have two of the same 4x12s but in my opinion the best tones come from mixing two different types. I would probably have a Friedman and Marshall, or Mesa and Marshall. Maybe V30s in one and Greenbacks in the other, etc.

I agree romanianreaper, two different ones gives the most versatility.

V30s for sure, but Marshall, Diezel, Mesa, Carvin, ... ? I'll check out the Friedman :encouragement:

Heritage Series G12-65s ... great suggestion kmanick :)

Mesa Traditional with their OEM speakers (V30's) and a Bogner Uberkab with V30's and G12 T75's

Although I do like the GK12K100's in my Mesa 2*12

Marshall basket weave with greenbacks and a Mesa Recto with V30's.
I went back and forth between this one and the GH-65 loaded cab.
a buddy of mine has both of them (he's got 2 basketweave 4X12's from the early 70's)
and I actually like the GH-65's a bit more so I went with that one.
but damn .....I'd love either one

I agree romanianreaper, two different ones gives the most versatility.

V30s for sure, but Marshall, Diezel, Mesa, Carvin, ... ? I'll check out the Friedman :encouragement:

Heritage Series G12-65s ... great suggestion kmanick :)

You do realize that most US manufactured cabs are made by the same supplier and just badged for the brand right?

You do realize that most US manufactured cabs are made by the same supplier and just badged for the brand right?

I know you posted that "most US manufactured cabs" but Mesa and Carvin are both claiming that they build their own cabs.

If you could have any two 4x12s which two would you want? And why?

Any two 4x12s? I would want the main 4x12s used by EVH on Van Halen I, and Slash on Appetite For Destruction.

Then I could sell them to cashed up VH and GNR fans, grab myself a 2nd CLR wedge and go on a nice holiday. :lol

Any two 4x12s? I would want the main 4x12s used by EVH on Van Halen I, and Slash on Appetite For Destruction.

Then I could sell them to cashed up VH and GNR fans, grab myself a 2nd CLR wedge and go on a nice holiday. :lol

You know npx, you made me think. Anyone know where I can rent 4x12s in the Bay Area? I have FRFR and a couple 2x12s and the real cabs sound infinitely better, so I wanted to try some real 4x12s. Maybe renting is a possibility?

Back
Top Bottom