If This Doesn't Make You Smile...

I've been looking around the web trying to find out who actually orchestrated the parts, amazingly, but can't find that particular info. If anyone knows...?

Nuno's take on Freddy's vocal lines was really something else. It's a tall order to capture the vibe of such an amazing voice like that.

Nuno's take on Freddy's vocal lines was really something else. It's a tall order to capture the vibe of such an amazing voice like that.
Have you ever seen the vid of Extreme's medley of Queen songs? I think it was at Live Aid, or one of those "aid" concerts. They NAILED Queen's harmonies!

I've been looking around the web trying to find out who actually orchestrated the parts, amazingly, but can't find that particular info. If anyone knows...?

All I found when I was looking earlier today was that the video was part of an online event that Bettencourt put together, billed as Bettencourt and friends.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vai did it, that couldn't be more up his alley.
Agreed but, it's not outside of Nuno's wheelhouse either. He's the one that arranged all the horns and strings on the Extreme albums and has long cited Queen as a major influence on the way he approaches music.

I think this is further proof that Queen was slacking off live by letting the middle Bismillah part be done by a tape. Obviously this proves a live arrangement was possible. ;)

I'm gonna say it was Nuno. He's influenced by Brain May, and I just went back and watched that video I mentioned (it was a Freddie Mercury tribute concert) and it seems like he's a huge Queen fan with that medley they put together, and those harmonies... Plus Nuno did a stellar job with all the parts on 3 Sides To Every Story. First time I heard Rest In Peace, I was like, WOW, what a cool intro!

Back
Top Bottom