if I'm using the ART SLA-2...

Are you supposed to turn the global power amp on or off? If I turn it off, the tone becomes really thin and bright like it would if you were to stick a headphone into the 'send' of an amp. ;) If I turn it on, there is a "darkness" in the tone I cant seem to dial out at all. :roll:

Also, in the global tone-stack, by default its set to passive. If I make it active, and then I go the 'Amp geek' options of Amp models, I still see the tone-stack there is a labeled 'Passive'. So, what does the global 'Active/passive' affect?

not sure what to do about the global 'power amp on' vs 'power amp no-thump' options. :geek:

Power amp sim should actually be called TUBE Power amp sim. No tubes in your poweramp? Set it to ON.

If the tone's too dark, you probably have the presence setting way too low. Have in mind that the presence control in the axefx is actually extended when compared to a typical tube amp. When you set it at noon, it is actually at zero which would be the min possible in a tube power amp. I would set it at 3 o'clock and tweak from there with your ears.

too_much_power said:
When you set it at noon, it is actually at zero which would be the min possible in a tube power amp. I would set it at 3 o'clock and tweak from there with your ears.

Ah! Thanks for the tit-bit. I usually have the presence at noon on my Uberschall and was keeping that as a reference for all my patches. Duh! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom