If I purchase an AxeFX II Today, Which Firmware Will Be Loaded?

LKnight4949

Inspired
Exactly as the topic states.

I want to use Axe Edit to modify tones, but obviously if 9.0 or higher is loaded I won't be able to at this time. Just out of curiosity, is the latest firmware loaded on purchases made today?

Thanks.

Yes, you'll get Firmware 9.02, as the units shipped all have the latest. I order mine only days after v.7 came out and that's what it came with. I ordered my MFC a day after the latest update and it was also shipped up-to-date.

I received mine on 2/5/13 and it was shipped with version 9.02 installed.

Cool. Hopefully I'll be getting mine in a few days. Figuring out the menu system on the front panel looks like it's going to be very daunting(coming from a bigtime techie). I love controlling stuff through computer software in general. Always did with my PODs in the past.

Just a matter of time until FW10 and the new Axe Edit comes out. So psyched!!! Will install them day 1! In the meantime I'll just probably play with the stock tones. I'm sure those will be much better than what I'm used to now.

The front panel is not bad at all. It continues to get easier as the UI is improved. It's really pretty simple! There are a lot of good quick start tutorials on YouTube as well

Alright. You guys convinced me. Will watch the youtube videos. :)

Looks like it's not arriving til next Monday, so that will give me some time to look over these videos and get my guitar set up at a shop before hand to get maximum shred power out of my axe too.

In the same way that I believe it's better to learn manual transmission before using an automatic transmission car, I think it's beneficial to learn using only the front panel before you start using AE. That way you won't be clueless if you find yourself without a computer sometime.

In the same way that I believe it's better to learn manual transmission before using an automatic transmission car, I think it's beneficial to learn using only the front panel before you start using AE. That way you won't be clueless if you find yourself without a computer sometime.

+1!!

Good call man.

I still can't drive a stick shift, but I can use the front panel!

Whew. Last time I tried to drive a stick I nearly destroyed the transmission. Hopefully I won't make the DSP in this thing catch fire the first time I try to use the front panel. :p

The front panel is extremely easy to use. Here's the basic stuff you need to know to get around:

First thing: Hit I/O and adjust your input trim using The Big Knob to where you "tickle the red" when you're strumming very hard (the red should never light up constant, just flicker when you're slamming on your guitar). Then hit Recall.

Big knob changes whatever value your cursor is on (type of block, selected value in edit, etc... default will be patch/preset change)
Layout gets you to your signal chain
"Nav" buttons move your cursor around
Edit allows you to edit the block your cursor is on
Pressing Enter on your selected block will make the next columns flash. This is connecting cables. Select the block in the next column you want the cable connected to and press enter again.
Tuner gets you to the Tuner, layout to go back to your chain or RECALL to go back to the preset home screen
Eff. Bypass will bypass the current block you're on
Bypass will bypass the entire unit.
Page < and > moves you across the "tabs" on the top of any screen

From there everything else is finding out where things are located (How do I change output 2 to be dry? etc...) and/or a shortcut (hitting edit will take you to the first block, hitting it again will be the 2nd block, etc...). You can go from just getting the unit to gigging with it simply with the above knowledge and some exploration.

Back
Top Bottom