If I had to get through a gig with only one preset....

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
...this this one with the FAS Buttery and AC30 cab might just be it.

Works on FM9 non-Turbo at about 72.4%.

Uses EVERY SINGLE BLEEPING ONE of the modifiers. :D

FC1-P2 (switch these modifiers to your particular expression pedal for best results) gives clean/pushed/lead as you go up, and when it hits the transition to the lead section, the gain still increases, so it gives a clean-ish pushed lead at the point it transitions, then goes up from there to a nicely dirty lead.

If that's not enough dirt, there are two drives - Hotcacke and Klon - each dialed in for a bit of hair, which can be used independently (or simultaneously if I get a wild hair).

It has my usual complement of momentary "stunt" sounds:
  1. a delay runaway
  2. a panning flanger (uses the LFO controller and 5 or so modifiers to do fun stuff when you step on it)
  3. my "feedbacker" mid boost
  4. momentary and latching rotary speed switches
  5. a latching switch for the Amp Boost
Might duplicate it with a few different amps. Would likely be a lot of fun with the HRM.... :)

Last edited:
No output. I'm sure it's fine with your particular expression pedal setup but I got nothing. Replacing the volume blocks with shunts just gives the delayed sound.

No output. I'm sure it's fine with your particular expression pedal setup but I got nothing. Replacing the volume blocks with shunts just gives the delayed sound.

Oops. Rearranged the bits a little after putting the guitar away, and missed a connection. It was late, and I didn't test it.

Updated file posted. :)

Pretty nice dirt tone...although it wouldn't clean up enough for our material as we do a lot of funky stuff. I use different amp channels to switch to a band commander for cleans and a preamp for the acoustic. I use a multiplexor that switches on scenes for my wah and pitch (drop) but I don't bother with one for the time based effects and just run them in parallel and use footswitches to turn on/off. I'm not sure what the advantage is of using the multiplexor for the time based effects on the patch.
Also, the gate threshold should be increased to -70 as it's barely doing anything when I listen.

Anyway...great job!

I have been gigging with this one preset, it covers HUGE territory. I have a couple variants for special purposes, but don't usually use them. For scenes 7 and 8 I have YA IRs that I bought in the cab, choose your favorite Greenback IR(s).

Attachments

• STBand Main.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 18
Pretty nice dirt tone...although it wouldn't clean up enough for our material as we do a lot of funky stuff.

Yeah, it's more of a Tim Pierce "clean" with just a bit of hair on it. You also need that CC pedal (FC1, P2 in my rig) to access the cleaner sounds, as I run most of the time on the pedal.

I use different amp channels to switch to a band commander for cleans and a preamp for the acoustic. I use a multiplexor that switches on scenes for my wah and pitch (drop) but I don't bother with one for the time based effects and just run them in parallel and use footswitches to turn on/off. I'm not sure what the advantage is of using the multiplexor for the time based effects on the patch.

My standard pile of blocks for delay allows the momentary switch to add delay runaway (even when it's off), and allows it to come on automatically if its switch is on when I run the control pedal up into the lead range.

Also, the gate threshold should be increased to -70 as it's barely doing anything when I listen.

I set them as high as I need to, and they close, so I guess I am lucky enough to a low-noise environment - and I'm sure the hum-cancelling singles (only have 3 guitars with real singles) help quite a bit, too.

Anyway...great job!

Thanks!

Lots of really good sounds coming up as I go through my pile of amp-demo presets from before DynaCabs and import them into copies of the above preset.

A stand-out is the Plexi 50W 6CA7 Jumped - talk about '80s in a can! Try Scene 3 (SC) or Scene 7 (HB). :D

Thanks man! The preset was mangled since I imported into the FM3 which is normal but I got your cab block and tried it on my fav preset. Did a little tweaking and it sounds great. What’s that PEQ for?
It can give some Fletcher/Munson relief to help rescue your gig if your presets were dialed in at too loud or too quiet a volume....

Back
Top Bottom