IEM

fidelity custom triple drivers... in the past had some shure single driver's. mine are very flat and neutral sounding, very nice seal, removable cord, nicely priced.

Westone UM3X, great live sound, unhyped, even sounding. Also used the Shure SE425, which sounded pretty good as well.

A couple of guys in my band use the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi and are very happy with them, and they are significantly cheaper than those listed above. Personally, I'll stick with the Westones.

The Grados line up nicely against my favorite headphone, the Audeze LCD-2s.

graphCompare.php

Westone ES5's with a Shure PSM 900. Very happy. But then again, I better be for the price. :)

My old drummer had the Westone UM3X and was quite happy with them. They would be my second choice.

I love my Shure SE535's. Really great separation and fantastic bass response and the Axe FX II sounds great through them.

How you like them?

When I first got into the iem world I started with some Shure singles that I bought at Best Buy. After I decided that I was gonna go all in I started researching companies and found that Alien Ears quality was as good as Westone (#1 @ the time) for half the price. After using them for about a year I decided to sell off my wedges that the rest of the band were using, and build an iem rig. This pushed the rest of the band to go with iems and they went with Alien Ears also. I used this opportunity to order a backup set for myself, this was 3 years ago and I've never used the backup or had to replace a cable. Just keep them clean and they should perform very well for ya.
We're using custom molded triples with field replacable cables, the fit is solid and they sound great, tight bottom with smooth mids and clean highs. The price is one of the lowest out there and Alien Ears has a ton of options. They're a small comany so they pay close attention to quality. Check out their wesite and see the list of artists that are using them.
Andre at Alien Ears was great help and really easy to work with.

Another option could be 1964 ears (www.1964ears.com)
I have no personal experience with them but have read many good reviews on the company and their products.
Might be worth investigating as well.

When I first got into the iem world I started with some Shure singles that I bought at Best Buy. After I decided that I was gonna go all in I started researching companies and found that Alien Ears quality was as good as Westone (#1 @ the time) for half the price. After using them for about a year I decided to sell off my wedges that the rest of the band were using, and build an iem rig. This pushed the rest of the band to go with iems and they went with Alien Ears also. I used this opportunity to order a backup set for myself, this was 3 years ago and I've never used the backup or had to replace a cable. Just keep them clean and they should perform very well for ya.
We're using custom molded triples with field replacable cables, the fit is solid and they sound great, tight bottom with smooth mids and clean highs. The price is one of the lowest out there and Alien Ears has a ton of options. They're a small comany so they pay close attention to quality. Check out their wesite and see the list of artists that are using them.
Andre at Alien Ears was great help and really easy to work with.
Which triple set do you have?

Another option could be 1964 ears (www.1964ears.com)
I have no personal experience with them but have read many good reviews on the company and their products.
Might be worth investigating as well.

Thanks

Another Westone UM3X user. Great sound, good value. If lost or damaged I could replace them without sacrificing an in-law. :twisted

Back
Top Bottom