Idiot needs help loading IR's to Ultra

Stephen13

Inspired
Is there a completely idiot proof explanation how to install IRs to my Ultra (FW11)? I have searched and every procedure I have come across says to select this or click on that and no matter where I look I cannot find the "this" or the "that" that needs to be clicked on. One procedure said to click on the Ultra's side of Axe Edit and then click on the computer side of Axe Edit (or words to that effect) but I have no idea what they were talking about. I've tried using AE, Midi Ox, Bome's and I cannot make heads or tails of any of it. I don't know my way around my computer (Win 7 64-bit) very well and I have no clue when it comes to midi so like I said I need a completely idiot proof step by step procedure. I know many of you have probably had your fill of guys like me but I'd really be grateful if someone could help guide me thru the procedure.

Many thanks!

Thanks for the reply Azael. Unfortunately my computer just bit the dust so I’ll have to wait until it's replacement arrives to try this.

I had the same problem. bought IR pack from Silent underground studio and no idea how to load it. So, I folowed the video and my axe said' bad checksum'. still don't know how to load the cabs... any help?

I've been using Redwirez IRs for a while, and my setup is pretty simple. Maybe this helps:

I have an MBox which I use for sending MIDI messages back and forth (MIDI out from the Axe to MIDI in on the MBox, and MIDI out on the Mbox to MIDI in on the Axe). Using Axe Edit, you can check that the connection is working (in setup, I think). So getting that connection setup is your first step (not sure what you're using).

Then, in the Axe edit, select the Axe-Fx as the source, and it should display whatever preset your on in the Axe. In the most right hand column of the Axe Edit, you see something that looks like Windows explorer. One of the nodes is called computer - this allows you to select files from you hard drive. Navigate to where you have your IRs.

Now you can right click on an IR, and choose "Audition" to just hear the IR (but not store it in the Axe-Fx), or "Send to", which brings up a submenu allowing you to choose which of the "User" IR slots to send the IR to. Once you send it, it's stored in the Axe.

Hope this helps!

After years of going to my late friend Frank for help whenever I needed help with my PC's (and I've needed a LOT of help in that time) I decided to go with a Mac as he would ALWAYS recommend whenever I had a PC problem. I installed Axe Edit, hooked up my Ultra, opened the program and BINGO!!! The very first time I tried to load an IR it worked like a charm. I don't know... maybe it was just dumb luck but I never had ANY luck loading IR's using my PC.

Back
Top Bottom