Ideas for expression pedals???

Lawjac

Just ordered the MFC, and was wanting some opinions on some good quality exp pedals. Price isnt an issue, but would like to know what you guys like and use.

Thanx

Mission

Personally prefer the EP-1 pedals they do.

One with the spring option (Wah/Whammy) one without (Volume, Ext)

That being said, I use a modified EB volume pedal and a Rocktron Hex with my All Access. But yea, if money was no object...Mission...

I tried a rocktron hex. it works fine for volume but not for wah. I've calibrated it and played with the AF2 functions for modifying the curve, but it still is "wahed-out" before the pedal is half way depressed, and there is almost no effect for the last half of the movement. So I ordered a mission sp

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to the EP-1 w/spring for the Wah/Whammy vs. the SP-1 pedal with the switch? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger to order two pedals and have been wondering if I should go with 2 EP-1's like you describe or one SP-1 for the Wah/Whammy and the EP-1 for volume. I just don't know enough about it to know if the switch offers me any advantages over having the EP-1 autoengage. I'd appreciate any insight / advice! (I have an Axe II and the MFC-101 if that influences the advice one way or another)

Last edited:
Are there any advantages/disadvantages to the EP-1 w/spring for the Wah/Whammy vs. the SP-1 pedal with the switch? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger to order two pedals and have been wondering if I should go with 2 EP-1's like you describe or one SP-1 for the Wah/Whammy and the EP-1 for volume. I just don't know enough about it to know if the switch offers me any advantages over having the EP-1 autoengage. I'd appreciate any insight / advice! (I have an Axe II and the MFC-101 if that influences the advice one way or another)

I had the SP-1 before i got the EP-1

I didn't like the switch..i felt is restricted the scope of the pedal way to much for my liking. (others don't mind it)
The switch can be used to change between effects, but in real time use, i just didn't use the switch at all.

I went with the "spring" option on one of my EP-1's just for Wah/Pitch used with the auto-engage..it was simple, i step on the pedal it engages, step off and goes back into bypass..that is all i really wanted from the pedal and for my needs it works flawlessly.

I had the SP-1 before i got the EP-1

I didn't like the switch..i felt is restricted the scope of the pedal way to much for my liking. (others don't mind it)
The switch can be used to change between effects, but in real time use, i just didn't use the switch at all.

I went with the "spring" option on one of my EP-1's just for Wah/Pitch used with the auto-engage..it was simple, i step on the pedal it engages, step off and goes back into bypass..that is all i really wanted from the pedal and for my needs it works flawlessly.

Thanks Mark. I appreciate the information and will likely follow your lead and go with 2 EP-1's. Do I need (should I get) the reverse polarity feature?

Mission are great (I have one spring-loaded for wah), but I also have two Boss FV-500H which I use for master volume and swell, and I love the long throw.

Back
Top Bottom