Ideal ground controller of my dreams for A-FX...

Spawn-X

Experienced
P'tit lu all...

I know Cliff is working on his future MFC1, and I know this project is probably really advanced.

But, my 2 cents:

159608.jpg

Imagine what possibilities we can have with a midi foot board like that... ;)...

Controlling AMP bloc directly from the board...
Assign each rotary knob to parameters of you choice...
etc...

I'm dreaming of it!!!

Rotary knobs on a foot controller doesn't make much sense to me.

Instead, why not buy a midi controller with rotary knows and put it on a stand of some sort. Then you could control the rotary knobs with your hands, without "bending over", hehe..

JesperB said:
Rotary knobs on a foot controller doesn't make much sense to me.

Instead, why not buy a midi controller with rotary knows and put it on a stand of some sort. Then you could control the rotary knobs with your hands, without "bending over", hehe..

Yes, but, why not? ;)...

A good reason is that knobs like that can be a bit sensitive to people dancing close to the stage (drunk dancing people have stepped/fallen over my gear plenty of times, hehe)... Unless it's the type of rotary knobs on the G-System controller, but they're pretty big and possibly expensive.

JesperB said:
A good reason is that knobs like that can be a bit sensitive to people dancing close to the stage (drunk dancing people have stepped/fallen over my gear plenty of times, hehe)... Unless it's the type of rotary knobs on the G-System controller, but they're pretty big and possibly expensive.

It's possible to add a couple of metallic bars over knobs.

I was using a lot of ground effects like GT6 or other, and I never have any problem with drunked dancers on stage ;)...
My Strat is really loud while used as a baseball player :mrgreen: ...

Tom said:
Not a terrible idea, but I'd rather have the knobs on a 1u rack unit extension.

Hmmm... Interesting thought.

Man I need to learn how to build MIDI interfaces.

Sounds like I've found my new hobby. :D

JesperB said:

Agreed. I think the G-System controller is the state of the art in integrated functionality. A midi based controller that works that well is a cool idea indeed.

I like the 1U MIDI knob controller idea. I was thinking of this very thing last week. If for no other reason, it would make tweaking without the editor easier.

Spawn-X said:
P'tit lu all...

I know Cliff is working on his future MFC1, and I know this project is probably really advanced.

But, my 2 cents:

159608.jpg

Imagine what possibilities we can have with a midi foot board like that... ;)...

Controlling AMP bloc directly from the board...
Assign each rotary knob to parameters of you choice...
etc...

I'm dreaming of it!!!

Very very Nice.
And under the switcher are displays, whitch shows you what effekt is configurate on the switcher. ;)
And a chance to upgrade with an Expander (like Axess or Skrydstrup)
That´s the HighEnd-Version. :cool:

Grettings from Germany

Ralf

aalrh said:
And under the switcher are displays, whitch shows you what effekt is configurate on the switcher.

If I where building a custom MIDI board that would be pretty high on my list, especially with something like the Axe-FX, where you have the ability to totally reconfigure what each button does per patch.

The more I think about it, the more I think I need to make my own MIDI board.

In fact, It would be really nice if Cliff had the 2 way control scheme he has built into the Axe-FX, posted somewhere, so that people that wanted too, COULD build their own, and have a tuner, and such. I don't know how realistic of a request that would be, but you never know, Cliff is a nice guy. :D

If not, I'm still thinking about reading up on building my own...

I would be happy with a 1U with six knobs that I could dedicate as live controls for the amp sims. You know.... gain, bass, mid, treble, presence, master volume. Just like a real amp would have. I always find myself wanting to tweak things to the room or to the way the song feels on that prticular day :roll:

groovenut said:
I always find myself wanted to tweak things to the room or to the way the song feels on that prticular day :roll:
Why do you thing I was open this thread? ;)...

Um.... sounds like we're trying to turn the axe into a Vetta (at least in terms of controls).
I had a vetta laying around for awhile as a backup rig to my main rack, not a bad piece of equipment really. I didn't like the lack of spillover and of course the axe has much better modeling and effects... but the line6 longboard foot controller was actually pretty cool. And they had a good idea using ethernet cable rather than midi to run the floorboard.

Back
Top Bottom