Idea for Singing Guitarist Setup w/Matrix and XiTone

Genghis

Power User
I have an idea and I wanted to see if anyone is doing something similar to what I'm thinking with the type of setup I have. I'm using a Matrix GT800FX and two XiTone 1x12 FRFR cabs (one wedge, one straight cab). Using it the way I use it I have 250W per channel going into speakers rated at 250W.

I also sing and was considering picking up a vocal processor and a stereo line mixer and running the Axe-FX II and the vocal processor into the line mixer, and the mixer outputs into the Matrix. I don't need a lot of volume, just enough so that I can hear my vocals along with drums in rehearsal situations when there is no PA available. I do mostly hard rock and metal and I'm trying to decide if my setup would have enough power to make it worth trying.

Does this sound like a crazy idea, or are any of you doing something similar to this? If so, do you have any recommendations on processors and line mixers? TC has a couple of single space rack processors (VoiceWorks and VoiceWorks Plus) and Alesis has a single space 8 channel stereo line mixer that looks like it would do the trick, but I'm looking for more info before I decide whether it's worth trying. Again, mostly looking for feedback on whether you think this setup will have enough power and coverage for vocals and guitar at the same time.

Thanks!

I use the Voice Live Rack (2U) though don't feed into the cabs (just to the PA) though with a mixer there is no reason why you couldn't . If you get a roland momentary footswitch and send it to the Axe (or MFC), you can also use it to turn off harmony's which is pretty cool as well. A good example here during the chorus. Let me know if you need anything else.

Does Anybody Really Know - YouTube

Thanks for posting that. Very well done! Looks like it works well for what you are doing with it. I'll have to compare features some more, but I'm leaning toward giving it a try.

Hi there,
Theres a fair bit of choice for the 1u mixers. I have an ARX in a rack that works brilliantly. For a smaller gig you could throw a backing track through your mixer as well.

Best regards
Matt

I use the Voice Live Rack (2U) though don't feed into the cabs (just to the PA) though with a mixer there is no reason why you couldn't . If you get a roland momentary footswitch and send it to the Axe (or MFC), you can also use it to turn off harmony's which is pretty cool as well. A good example here during the chorus. Let me know if you need anything else.

Does Anybody Really Know - YouTube

WITELITE - I use the TC Helicon as well - just got it a few months ago - and I had a custom pedal made to toggle on/off harmony, delay and bypass, but with LED's showing the status, as I got tired of trying to remember what status they were in using the TC Switch 3 -i'm on the TC forum, here's my post about the switch I had made:
TC Helicon switch 3 with LEDs!! (Page 1)

do you enjoy yours / have any patches or tips you'd like to share? i'm just getting rolling with mine...

It's a cool unit. I use the Roland FS-6 and have it connected to the MFC and programmed to send on channel 2 so it lights up. I used to have it set to turn the harmony on and off but I realized if you use it to trigger the step (assuming you only have two steps) the step can do various things depending on preset. So for one it triggers harmony, for one it triggers longer delay etc etc.

As for patches , not really - just use mostly to add harmony or take delay in or out.

Cool unit!

Back
Top Bottom