Idea for Cliff: we need a guitar modeler!!

MusicManJP6

Inspired
Cliff, you have cured my amp and effects GAS and I thank you!! Now, if you could just create a guitar modeler to cure my guitar GAS!!

I think these features would be amazing:

-simulates tonewoods for body, top, neck, and fretboard
-simulates guitar types - solid body, pickguard, acoustic, hollowbody, chambered, etc
-simulates any pickups as well as pickup configurations (HSH, SSS, etc)
-programmable presets that combine tonewoods, guitar type, and pickup configs
-any tuning available (Standard, drop D, etc without tuning!!)
-MIDI compatible with the AXE FX

Just imagine if you could have your Strat, acoustic, Les Paul, PRS, etc all in one guitar! Some like to collect guitars, but for people like me that can't afford to collect and enjoy nerdy tech stuff this would be a dream come true just like the AXE FX!

This is just something I've been thinking about and thought I'd share... :cool:

Only a matter of time until someone makes a touchscreen computer in the shape of a guitar neck. It's already happened with the picking hand: http://www.coated.com/misa-digital-guit ... en-guitar/ . Dial in your model, choose your picking style (aggressive, palm-mute, etc.), fret hand does the work without needing to coordinate with the picking hand. Bend strings, vibrato, all on a smooth surface. Guitar Hero meets real guitar.
Can the apocalypse be far off?

"It operates via a touchscreen display that lights up when you touch it, and emits realistic electric guitar sounds."

Umm... I think that one has a LONG way to go before it gets "realistic electric guitar sounds". I just think it would be weird to not have the tactile feedback of a string. You're right though. It's only a matter of time before somebody makes a touch screen fretboard. There are several iPod Touch/iPhone apps that do that very thing.

Also, with the guitar modeler thing, Line 6 has been doing it for years. You can piece together a virtual guitar in the variax software and then upload it to a custom bank in the variax. It sounds surprisingly good.

I think that the digital guitar is pretty cool idea, even though I would not use it. :) But somebody will and will be quite amazingly creative, I am pretty sure about that. And speaking of Line6, I think that their James Tyler Variax looks very tempting. I had the first generation of Variax 500 and Iiked it, but I had some issues with digital connection so I got rid of it, because I needed something reliable. But the new one seems to be in a higher league now ...

Personally, I'm waiting for the Rackvax availability...
My Variax 500 will probably turn to that gear. The guy who develop Rackvax propose to Variax users to get there Variax and turn it to a midi rack.

I'm hoping that Cliff can invent something that will make my playing even close to being worthy of the wonderful device he has already given us!

I do recall seeing something called a "Talent Simulator" recently. ;)

If you're willing to spend the money...change your pickups.

I just turned a PRS CE24 into five different guitars.
Lace Sensors
GOLD/GOLD on the neck
Silver/RED on bridge.

Put a chickenhead knob on the five position rotary selector switch so you can see where it is.

All bridge...Sensor RED is hotter than hot. Sensor Silver is hot and rich...both on in this position...rip roarin, smokin hot reminscent of the Jackson Soloist + Marshall 800 of the 80's hair bands.

One click back...The silver side of the bridge

One click back...both inner coils (a Gold and the silver)...sounds like a Strat

One click back...All four coils...sounds like a les in the bridge position

One click back..both outer coils...sounds like a Tele

One click back...both sides of the neck...warm, sweet like a Less in the middle or perhaps reminscent of an es335.

Lace Sensor pickups aren't like other humbuckers...they are individual single coil (VERY HOT) pickups that are mounted together on a plate..Lace makes them to order based on what you want.
You want all silvers...ok...you want a combination of pickups...they'll do it....there are, I believe, six different "flavors" of sensor to choose from.

On my 72 Les Custom..I had a set of Lace Alumitones installed....and all I can say is OH MY GAWD.

Amp modeler, Guitar modeler. All you need is to model yourself
and you're done.

I've always wanted to date a model...perhaps Cliff can hook that up too! You know..one that you can dial in to be exactly what you want...let your imagination go with that one! I believe it would inspire my creativity to no end! C'mon Cliff YOU CAN DO IT!!! LOL!

JeffinSoCal said:
I've always wanted to date a model...perhaps Cliff can hook that up too! You know..one that you can dial in to be exactly what you want...let your imagination go with that one! I believe it would inspire my creativity to no end! C'mon Cliff YOU CAN DO IT!!! LOL!

R O T F L M A O!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom