Idea for better understanding of certain blocks.

TakaraGold

Experienced
Hi fellowship,

I've always been interested as most of us, in getting the best out of the Axe. And this was my first encounter with true high quality rack styled gear. So there are things that I've never dealt with before, in almost every aspect. Now I'm understanding a lot more, and I've learned how to get great sounds really quick.
But there are some blocks that still puzzle me a little. And reading the wiki explains great on the theoric side. But what I think it would be great, if we had a preset pack, with every block put to use, detailing what the block is doing. Like explaining one with a crossover block being used, a couple examples of multiband compression, multichorus, peq, geq, and every other block that would be more on the studio tweaking kind. We all know our drives, modulations, and delays/reverbs. But there's a whole lot of other pedals that would be understood a lot more having a preset to go with.

First step would be to have a look at the factory presets. A lot of blocks get used, sometimes even to create very unconventional sound effects. By turning off each of the blocks, you can learn in what way they contribute to the sound.

Back
Top Bottom