AFIII Icky Thump Synth?

Brian Coonan

Power User
Hey there...wondering if anyone might be able to give me some tips on how I might get close to the synth part in Icky Thump. I tried the Synth block and feel like the Sawtooth might have been the closest but it still doesn't sound good. Just kind of wondering if I can get this type of thing out of the Axe or if I have to make the singer actually DO something hahahaha. (kidding - he easily does 62% of the work hahah)

Synth part comes in at about 28 seconds in this clip and thanks for any help!

Hey there...wondering if anyone might be able to give me some tips on how I might get close to the synth part in Icky Thump. I tried the Synth block and feel like the Sawtooth might have been the closest but it still doesn't sound good. Just kind of wondering if I can get this type of thing out of the Axe or if I have to make the singer actually DO something hahahaha. (kidding - he easily does 62% of the work hahah)

Synth part comes in at about 28 seconds in this clip and thanks for any help!

I don’t think it’s a synth it’s something like a POG w fuzz and whammy according to an article about his set up
It’s low fi effects like a bit reduction
Or ring mod w big Muff and whammy

I don’t think it’s a synth it’s something like a POG w fuzz and whammy according to an article about his set up
It’s low fi effects like a bit reduction
Or ring mod w big Muff and whammy
That sounds about right for the guitar parts. But the part mentioned definitely sounded like something monophonic to me.

Then I found this video...

Yeah - have watched a bunch of vids on the tune and he’ll either have that keyboard/synth thing on stage and use it, or just make guitar noises. I think the guitar sound I have is close enough for a cover version, and my preset also contains a octave and a whammy on scene 2 for guitar “solo” parts.

Back
Top Bottom