Ice Pick!!!!!

nixerx

Inspired
I was thinking...if the axe is to mimic an amp in a recording or fr/fr situation you can put a speaker cab inline and it still sounds rather high endy. I got thinking further, and I might be late to the party, but it would make sense to adjust the axefx somewhere to match the maximum high frequency limit of whatever speaker you like. Similar to adjusting the Speaker Resonance under the amp geek section.
I know I can use Filter Blocks and so on but there are other places too, Xformer High Freq (Amp Gee) and High Cut (advanced) Do either of those specifically address the speakers?

Any Thoughts / recommendations?

I was thinking...if the axe is to mimic an amp in a recording or fr/fr situation you can put a speaker cab inline and it still sounds rather high endy. I got thinking further, and I might be late to the party, but it would make sense to adjust the axefx somewhere to match the maximum high frequency limit of whatever speaker you like. Similar to adjusting the Speaker Resonance under the amp geek section.
I know I can use Filter Blocks and so on but there are other places too, Xformer High Freq (Amp Gee) and High Cut (advanced) Do either of those specifically address the speakers?

Any Thoughts / recommendations?

Here's Jay Mitchell's response to a similar question.

Yes, all the tricks are explained there. Most of my patches are created with an EQ before and after the main chain too.

The difficult thing is to find the sweet spot between dull and too sharp.

And it does not work when I tweak to long - then I need a break and retweak the next day.

Some (tube) amp compensate the high frequencies when the volume is increased. This is not the case in the AxeFx EQ Blocks or when we simply increase the volume on the power amp - so the #1 rule is to tweak at the desired volume level - best in the room where you want to use the Axe later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is maybe not discussed so often , and what I again and again forget to keep in mind is volume.

When I am making patches at home (which I mostly do) I cannot check them at the level I need to use them on a gig, and the ice pick part
of the spectrum is much more present at that volume so I find myself correcting for that quite often when I am setting up my gear or in rehearsals.

Jens

Back
Top Bottom