Ibanez S1070pbz

CraigP

Inspired
Any input on this axe? I see one used here local for $750. Worth a look or pass?

Attachments

• ibby.JPG
    ibby.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 28
Cool looking guitar. I've had a couple of S series Ibanez guitars. The body is pretty thin which I couldn't seem to get used to but on the guitars I had were heavy enough to prevent neck dive. I've played a couple of Premium Ibanez as well, not this model, and they seem to be really well constructed, use quality hardware and good pickups.

That’s what I just picked up, I had to adjust it for 10-46. And it shipped from US to Costa Rica, so letting the wood adjust.
I have several Ibanez S models and this one is a premium with edge II.
the neck is a bit thinner width but the fret board is very nice.
I can send u all the spec sheets on it if u like.

Attachments

• 5611E8BF-6FC0-4C47-B37C-38A0D129E978.jpeg
    5611E8BF-6FC0-4C47-B37C-38A0D129E978.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
I’m sure unix-guy will chime in on this as this is his wheelhouse so to speak. I’d trust his opinion on this subject.
Funny - I was going to chime in but I don't have any practical experience with these newer S models.

Overall the S series are great guitars with a lot of versatility and excellent quality for the money. The Premium line are overall pretty good.

I have one older Premium RG that is nice but about 15 years old. I don't like the Edge II as much as the original Edge but it's still good.

Price seems good especially if it includes the nice Premium hard shell case?

I am a fan of this finish, too :)

S are super comfortable and lightweight. Harder to find, but also nice are the RGA models which are between an S and a standard RG.

my pic is an RGA 121.

Back
Top Bottom