Ibanez musician, How much could I sell it for?

Do you know the model? Is the top flat or carved, active electronics? Here's the full line MUSICIAN SERIES

These are a great example of why Ibanez guitars of the late 70's are so highly regarded.

Depending on the model and condition they go from about $300 to $1,500.

FYI these guitars were made by Greco in Japan and sold with a slightly different body shape as the Greco GO series, the GO-1000 was the basis for the Roland GR-808 synth controller which was used with the old GR-300. Ibanez also had a Artist series version - the AR-2700.

Last edited:
Thanks for that but my one has a weird electronic arrangement that I couldn't see listed in the link at all. Mine has 2 vol, 1 Tone, a 3 way pickup selector, 2 tri tone switches and a strange passive eq sweep dial that has a large chicken head type knob on it which has 6 stages (kind of not sure if you get me). The serial number on it is E804459. Not sure if that helps at all.

i would say 300 tops, just my opinion because i wouldn't spend more than 300 on a guitar like that. I would actually offer you less if I was interested in it... sry

That's a gorgeous guitar. I have a soft spot for old Ibanezes. My first guitar was an 87 Roadstar.

On ebay there are a couple of Musicians up right now for $999 BIN.

Is this your guitar, check out the first one on the page "1979 Ibanez Musician MC300 DS Limited Edition": Ibanez Musician MC300 Click on pics for bigger images.
Is there a big brass sustain block under the bridge?

Thanks for the awesome response.

This is very similar to mine although it has the output jack on the edge of the body like a like a Les Paul. all the ones that I've seen in photos have the output on the face of the guitar near the knobs. But yes a big brass sustain block and big chicken head passive eq dial.

Last edited:
Cool guitar. I've seen the MC400 sell on eBay for $1,000 to $1,500 and MC200's for $500 or less. Here's an MC300 that recently sold on eBay for $799, but it has the standard tone controls. Does yours have solid walnut wings like the one on eBay or does it have a walnut and maple sandwich like the Limited Edition on the site I posted above (look at the pictures of the back, the one on eBay is walnut on the belly contour while the Limited Edition has maple on the belly contour). If you have walnut and maple it should be worth more than the one on eBay.

1978 Ibanez Musician MC300DS Electric Guitar w/ Case | eBay

Jerry Garcia and Steve Miller used the MC400's in the late 70's.

Mine is the same as the one on Ebay. Solid Walnut (as per your description) Not the limited edition.

I bought myself an ESP RZK 600 Rammstein signature model guitar to replace this as i like having a floating trem and thus the Ibanez has been sitting around doing nothing. I was surprised to see that the Ibanez pickups are hotter than the active 81s in the ESP.

Thanks again for your help. I still can't figure out exactly the model cause mine has the different output jack. Strange...

Hey geamala, saw your post and I wanted to see if you have any pics of your guitar. I have a couple (they're my favorite) and might be able to give you an idea of what it is.

Ibanez Musician MC500

Hi Guys

I wonder if any of you can help...

I have my late father's guitar an Ibanez Musician MC500 and would like to know if anyone can give me any idea as to where to sell if for the best price, and if anyone has any idea as to how much it's worth

Thanks

Attachments

• Ibanez 1.jpg
    Ibanez 1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Ibanez.jpg
    Ibanez.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 12
There's a current listing for an MC500 DS, and a completed one as well. A couple of other Musician models there. Not a lot to go on, but IMO, bidding is the best way to see what something is going for. Good luck!

There's a current listing for an MC500 DS, and a completed one as well. A couple of other Musician models there. Not a lot to go on, but IMO, bidding is the best way to see what something is going for. Good luck!

There aren't any on in the UK! :(

Well I've had a valuation done on the guitar...

It is a MC500 DS made in December 1978 @ the FujiGen Gakki factory and has been valued at £1000, it's not in AI condition and there are a few probs with it which I was told could be fixed for about £60

If anyone in the UK is interested send me a message please

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom