IA help. Rocktron Midi Raider

Tailstop

Inspired
Okay, Im frustrated.

I have my raider set up for 1 preset/15 X IA's. This is what I want. Not 5 presets and 10 X IAs, etc...

Can my midi controller simply turn on/off effects? 1=delay, 2=Dist, 3=Oct, etc...??

Do i first find the effect that I want WITHIN the preset then ask my Raider to retrieve it? or do I have the Raider access a specific number from the Axe per preset switch??

Need this...

Any help appreciated...

grrrr

on the Axe press the I/O button, then page right to the Control (CTRL) page.

this is a list of all the CC numbers for turning on/off effects. near the bottom are the numbers for XY switching for each block.

i suggest leaving this page at defaults, since everything has its own number.

what you want to do is program your midi raider so that the button you want to turn on/off delay, for example, has the CC number for Delay 1 On/Off that's in that list. that button will always be for Delay 1 On/Off now. it won't change functions when you change presets. for that switch to work, there must be a Delay 1 block in your preset layout.

Trying that now.

So in preset 1 i must put a blocks of delay, dist, oct, comp, flange, etc in the chain? I can then program the Raider to turn them on/off using the CC#s? Should I put all of these effects in the order I want them in the chain for when i use multiple effects?

so i put delay in my preset layout. I set my Raider to preset 1, midi ch 1(switch?), and #47 in prgm change. the effect is on whether i press the switch or n ot.. what am i doing wrong?

the order doesn't matter. the switch is telling a CC number (MIDI) to turn on and off. it will do that wherever the block is in the preset.

you don't need to have the block in the preset in order to program your switch on the midi raider. the switch just won't do anything.

no it's not a block, default CC is 14, just assign a switch to #14 and it should work.

okay one more:

Ive assigned TAP to SW#5. I can see that it changes the tempo LED on the AXE but it does NOT change my tempo.... ?

also, when i tap a tempo, Switch #14 on my raider lights up. ??

Im trying take WAH settings from one preset and apply them to another preset. Ive gone to the RECALL menua, selected the WAH and pressed ENTER. now what?

Im trying take WAH settings from one preset and apply them to another preset. Ive gone to the RECALL menua, selected the WAH and pressed ENTER. now what?

Did you start this in the preset you want to apply the wah from the other preset?

Axe should say then 'effect retrieved'

Got it. Since I am in a time crunch to get my rig up and running for tomorrow I've found some shortcuts, thanks to you guys! Since I couldn't get my wah to auto-engage, I found a preset that did and. Plied its wah block! Rad! Next for me is finding a reasonable distortion IR for my acoustic. Tone matching is next on my agenda.

You guys rule. Thanks again!!

I have my Midi Raider working great EXCEPT: when I change from preset 1 to Preset (?), the effects on that prest dont automatically engage. I have to turn them on manually w FS. Ideas?

You have to save on the MIDI raider, the axe won't tell it what to engage.

I think you press the 2nd button (top left) the the top right button to save the MIDI raider preset.

These are 2 separate units, the raider just tells the axe what to do, not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom