Wish IA button to assign controller pedal

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
So when I was using the Gordius Big Little Giant one thing I really liked was that I could setup an IA to "assign" the controller pedal.

In my presets I have both a wah and a whammy that are using auto-engage with spring-loaded Mission controllers.

With the Gordius I could select what "pedal" (in a logical sense) the real pedal controlled, so with the tap of a button I could toggle between sending the CC for the wah or the whammy as needed.

This was super useful because I needed only a single controller pedal for both functions.

The Gordius programming is fairly advanced, allowing for macros, logic, etc... I know the MFC doesn't, but even something as simple as an X/Y concept for pedals would be cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 on this, though I've requested this many years ago (back when the Ultra was a new thing!)...

In the meantime, there are workarounds, though they consume space on the grid, a bit of CPU, and a bit of time.

For instance, you could set up an IA to bypass one of the other, so that you enable either the wah or the whammy. Perhaps not suitable for your application since you use auto-engage. But there are other workarounds as well:
- Leave both on auto-engage, but set the IA to flip their mix level from 0-100 and 100-0, respectively
- If they are in parallel to the main signal path, set the IA to their out level (again, 0-100 and 100-0)
- Add a mixer block just after the wah and whammy (on two different rows) and set the mixer levels accordingly (again, 0-100 and 100-0

Of course, these are workarounds, and I echo your wish for the ability to assign "modifiers on modifiers" (though I can imagine how this could get out of hand and cause conflicts).

+1 as DPoirier describes. Maybe have two scenes, and bypass one of the blocks in each of the scenes so that the modifier is controlling both blocks, but only one is "heard" ?

+1 as DPoirier describes. Maybe have two scenes, and bypass one of the blocks in each of the scenes so that the modifier is controlling both blocks, but only one is "heard" ?

That doesn't really work with auto-engage...
[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom