I would really appreciate some "filesystem hierarchy * best practise"

Stringmanipulator

Power User
I know I asked a similar question before but I would really appreciate very much if
this could be explained thoroughly.

The thing I'm talking about is the directory structure, and where to save what to make the
files easy accessible and logical for working with Axe Edit and the future AxeChange implementation.

I am aware that one can design it the way they want as long as the user remembers where he or she saved whatever file
they want to recall. But I want to know what the programmers / designers recommend: for ease of use, portability, and easy backup.

So my question is if someone from FAS could sort it out for users like me that have a limited experience of the whole concept.
The files being saved on the hard drive is raising quickly when downloading presets, buying IR packs, and saving some "candy threads"
from the forum.

Being a network tech/mcp/cna .. blablabla .... I want to have control over the layout of my hard drive and know exactly why files
are being stored in a particular place, and know just what to backup when moving to a new computer / upgrading etc, and also
what files to not mess with, and or which files are affected when upgrading axe edit and so on.

I am on Windows 7 x64

but a general explanation of .... \ windows machine vs .... \mac machines should be easy top explain for someone that knows
what they are talking about (unlike me in this case .. lol )

In the user / network administration we use to call it " best practise "

I'm hoping somebody can make sense of what I'm asking .. :)

thanks for reading and sorry for the rambling..
//Ken

Back
Top Bottom