I would like to paypal 25 dollars to the person who...(lead patch help)

Thanks all! I have no problem with the relative volumes, I don't know if that was clear. I will set the volume and worry about levels. I'm talking about a lead that is high gain but never got too messy for loud volumes (like the Triaxis lead tones). I don't need to go with the mark series amps but that's what I had the most success with. I will try the above patch thank u!

You are one arrogant person speaking like that on behalf of everyone on this forum. As long as the forum guidelines allow people to offer money for help then you should have kept your opinion to yourself and never posted in this thread. Good luck to the OP, I hope some poor student or something with time on his hands earns some bucks from you.

Your entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. My point was and is: Soon $$ will be flying around, jerks will come to get the $$ (and contribute nothing)People will get scammed and complain. Sure, open that can of worms slave-have at it.
Arrogant, maybe-allowed to voice my opinion-YES. Don't be so quick to dismiss an opinion-You of course can disagree, but not dismiss. BTW, remember this thread in a few months-Because YOU have advocated it..

EDIT: I have a fair amount of $$-retired injured viet nam vet. Been FAS for 3 years now I am really terrible at making patches. But I will Never, ever bring $$ into a request for a patch because I do not want to stir up a feeding frenzy-Just MY opinion ONLY.
I'm outta here-no worries,

Last edited:
Your entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. My point was and is: Soon $$ will be flying around, jerks will come to get the $$ (and contribute nothing)People will get scammed and complain. Sure, open that can of worms slave-have at it.
Arrogant, maybe-allowed to voice my opinion-YES. Don't be so quick to dismiss an opinion-You of course can disagree, but not dismiss. BTW, remember this thread in a few months-Because YOU have advocated it..

EDIT: I have a fair amount of $$-retired injured viet nam vet. Been FAS for 3 years now I am really terrible at making patches. But I will Never, ever bring $$ into a request for a patch because I do not want to stir up a feeding frenzy-Just MY opinion ONLY.
I'm outta here-no worries,

Stratman its all good. I see where you're coming from.

Stratman: I understand your concern about people getting scammed, but you should write about your concerns directly to the moderators of this board since they can do something about the situation.

My opinion is that it should be up to each individual on this forum if they would like to offer some money for help with patch making, tweaking, mastering, recording, etc. It is actually pretty easy to separate the jerks/scammers from the legit people on this board because you can view their entire post history before deciding to give them your money. If you are not happy with the end result I would just add a comment at the end of the thread stating that you were not happy with user x because of so and so... I have no problems advocating this. Hell, I'll even suggest creating a new forum area specific for this! But that is just my opinion ;)

Last edited:
Tried the mark series patch. Too thin live :(. Anyone else?
did you try tweaking the parameters on the speaker tab, you should be able to fatten that up . you can also kill the drive block and turn the gain up
on the amp modle itself to thicken it up. If you are using the cab sims try using gthe U87 mic on a recto cab, that thickens and darkens the tone quite a bit.
Eveyones rig is different you are going to have to do some tweaking to get it exactly how you like.
Also have you tried the FAS lead amp models? those are very "mark-ish" but with a slightly different flavor.

I'm running it with an sla-2 power amp and cab so no speaker sim. vAMP, I wasnt looking to start a business industry. Just offer someone a thank u....

Bump. Anyone wanna try at a patch?

LOL...........sorry Ari. It's a little funny to me how we sometimes get side tracked and forget why we are really here. If I wasn't so new to the Axe Fx I'd be all over helping you at not charge. Hope it works out for you.

As far as the whole money thing if someone wants to help you its up to them to help you and if you want to pay someone to help you then it's up to you to pay them. I think the spirit of this forum was slightly incensed because people here get a lot out of helping each other for free in a world of mass marketing consumerism, fraud, profiteering.......etc. I totally understood where you were coming from. I think you were being kind in thinking of others by not wanting them to help you for free.

Last edited:
I'm running it with an sla-2 power amp and cab so no speaker sim. vAMP, I wasnt looking to start a business industry. Just offer someone a thank u....

Hey Ari,
I think you said your cab is loaded with EVM 12L's. If that's the case those are pretty flat speakers so you may want to try turning the Speaker Sim on and see what you get.

Does this do it for you?

slate.jpg

Thank u jetspeed-I much prefer running with the cabs off as it eliminates more eqing issues. Theres a patch called mark 4 lead patch I downloaded that's pretty close! Just muddy and slightly "out of control."
Vegasbaby I don't understand-I'm not a troll. I'm looking for help. One person sent me a patch and it didn't work. One whole patch. 15 guys cried cuz I hurt their feelings by offering them money but one patch sent. Does this make me a troll?

Hey Ari,
Have you tried befriending some Axe Fx users in your geographical area? Maybe you could make a post asking if their are any Axe Fx users in your area. When you find out perhaps you can start a PM with some of them and get some help that way. I know guys here in Vegas who would be more than happy to come by my home studio and help me out with any Axe issues I may have. Right Vegas guys? Right? :)

Back
Top Bottom