I was looking for a cheap alternative to ax8 for traveling

I have attached my AX-8 alternative here. I don't have a recent photo but I have added a Mooer direct box to the middle of this tiny Pedaltrain Nano board. I used this on our tour with Ripper Owens as my backup/extra rig. The soundmen loved it. With that direct box and the cab sim turned on, it sounded huge. The signal chain is: Guitar --> TC PolyTune --> Xotic SP Compressor --> FlyRig --> TC Micro Ditto Looper --> Mooer Micro DI. I have a dual MONO guitar gig bag with the MONO "tick". The Pedaltrain Nano fits perfectly inside the TICK. I haven't taken a pic with the Mooer on the board yet but the pic that I attached here was me screwing around with my Mimiq pedal into my Mac.

Here's the link for the Mooer: http://www.samash.com/null-micro-di-direct-input-pedal-mmicrodix

The Pedalboard is powered by a Pedaltrain Volto. I took an extra on the road and charged them daily.

Attachments

• XD_FlyRig.JPG
    XD_FlyRig.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 41
I have attached my AX-8 alternative here. I don't have a recent photo but I have added a Mooer direct box to the middle of this tiny Pedaltrain Nano board. I used this on our tour with Ripper Owens as my backup/extra rig. The soundmen loved it. With that direct box and the cab sim turned on, it sounded huge. The signal chain is: Guitar --> TC PolyTune --> Xotic SP Compressor --> FlyRig --> TC Micro Ditto Looper --> Mooer Micro DI. I have a dual MONO guitar gig bag with the MONO "tick". The Pedaltrain Nano fits perfectly inside the TICK. I haven't taken a pic with the Mooer on the board yet but the pic that I attached here was me screwing around with my Mimiq pedal into my Mac.

Here's the link for the Mooer: http://www.samash.com/null-micro-di-direct-input-pedal-mmicrodix

The Pedalboard is powered by a Pedaltrain Volto. I took an extra on the road and charged them daily.
Cool board! Do you find the Mimiq to be fast enough for shred and fast rhythm? Seems like a bit of a nasty latency in the specs.

Hi Winther,

The Mimiq is plenty fast enough for speed picking, shred... pretty much everything. I did the "3 dub" on there one show and it didn't sound as "tight" when I rewatched one of the videos from our show. When it is set to "1" and you are in stereo, it's comical as to how much it really sounds like two guitar players. I was really happy to hear that. Live, the latency doesn't really exist.

Hi Winther,

The Mimiq is plenty fast enough for speed picking, shred... pretty much everything. I did the "3 dub" on there one show and it didn't sound as "tight" when I rewatched one of the videos from our show. When it is set to "1" and you are in stereo, it's comical as to how much it really sounds like two guitar players. I was really happy to hear that. Live, the latency doesn't really exist.
Thanks clubshred, it seems a very cool pedal. I actually live in TC's hometown and even used to tour with their demo'er; Tore Mogensen - but I feel safer hearing it from the outside, lol.

Ummm no, not even close and the clean tones are really poor compared to ax8.

Atomic Amplifire amp tones are on par with Fractal. (To those who are about to jump down my throat, they are, deal with it.). Effects options are much more limited. It's a great less expensive option.

Just a quick tip. I have a Zoom H5 portable recorder that always goes with my AX8.

Why? Because:
1) super small and portable;
2) I can "monitor" so I use headphones with my AX8 anywhere;
3) I can record with my AX8 anywhere.

For me it is a must have companion :)

That actually seems really cool!

Back
Top Bottom