I wanna finish this Gap - Fm3

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlonci

Hi there guys! Would it be possible finish this gap from fm3 ? Because it spend almost 2 minutes to change the preset ! And i think that someone Will say ! Change only scenes and not the amp ! But this is the reason of this conversation ! The Gap’s Issue! Because i Would like to use 3 or 4 amps in the same preset! Would it be possible someday fractal ?

Because it spend almost 2 minutes to change the preset
The only reason I can think of that it'd take that long is because the presets are causing SERIOUS CPU overload. What are the CPU % of the presets.

Otherwise, attach the presets to your post and we can look at them.

Gapless switching will not fix this sort of problem. The odds are good it'd fail because the switching MUST occur within a specific amount of time or the magic can't work.

Hi there guys! Would it be possible finish this gap from fm3 ? Because it spend almost 2 minutes to change the preset ! And i think that someone Will say ! Change only scenes and not the amp ! But this is the reason of this conversation ! The Gap’s Issue! Because i Would like to use 3 or 4 amps in the same preset! Would it be possible someday fractal ?

1. 2 minutes between presets changing indicates either an issue with the unit or user error in overloading a preset .
2. Channels allow one to switch between up to 4 amp models in a single preset today. If you mean simultaneously, that is unlikely to happen in the FM3. The FM9 offers 2 amp model blocks today.

"two minutes" may be an error of translation to English. No one else need comment on that detail since it is so "out there"

We are working on an FM3 update. Only once it is released will we all learn which things were found to be possible and which things impossible.

I use all 4 amp channels on a preset with no issues at all on the FM3. Not entirely sure what you are complaining about.

I hear very little difference from my FM3 to my AXE3. What exactly are you trying to get it to do?

I use all 4 amp channels on a preset with no issues at all on the FM3. Not entirely sure what you are complaining about.
  1. Set up a preset with just amp and cab and make all amp channels the same amp and settings.
  2. Set up a per-preset switch to toggle amp channels.
  3. Play an open chord, and while letting it ring, toggle the amp channel.
  4. Observe the highly noticeable audio dropout.

1. Set up a preset with just amp and cab and make all amp channels the same amp and settings.
  2. Set up a per-preset switch to toggle amp channels.
  3. Play an open chord, and while letting it ring, toggle the amp channel.
  4. Observe the highly noticeable audio dropout.
I've been testing amp channel switching just now, and the gap is sooooo tiny on a preset with CPU hovering around 80+%. It's very impressive, considering it's changing the entire model. It's probably faster than most physical amps I've used. I could see gapless being very valuable for switching presets, however, but I pretty much stopped caring about it for channels within a preset after testing. This is also fantastic functionality compared to other modelers, where you have to have several amp blocks in a preset to achieve this.

It’s at least a half second complete audio dropout for me. Thats not tiny. And thats on a preset with only an amp and cab with tons of CPU to spare.
Which FW version you rock?
Scene switching is pretty much momentary in FM3 on FW7 already. If we get gapeless, not a lot will change, honestly.
I sold my FM3 a moment ago to buy a FM3T and was just demonstrating the speed of scene change to the customer on three different factory presets 70% CPU each. He is coming from AX8, and he was very impressed. Presets gapeless I welcome, that's where we have audible delay, but scene gapeless - why? It's crazy fast.
If you have 0.5s audio dropout on any scene change, your presets are either uber-complicated (mine definitely are), or you maybe you need to contact support and demonstrate it so they can advise something.

Have you (recently) run "Update Presets" from the unit itself? It's in Setup > Utilities > Preset > Upgrade All Presets.

From the release note:
  • Added “Presets” Utilities page to upgrade Presets stored in flash to the currently installed firmware version. When executed, all presets stored in flash with an older version of the firmware will be upgraded to the currently installed firmware version and automatically re-saved to flash. This process can take up to 20 minutes but will speed up preset changes. NOTE: backup your presets before using this utility.

Here you can see the gap when switching amp channels in one of my presets with CPU use at around 80% on an FM3 Mk I. The upper part is switching from channel A to B using scenes, triggered by an external MIDI controller. The amp is the same, but it does change the input EQ slightly. The middle part is switching between the same channels, but using the channel layout on the FM3. The gap appears to be longer for some reason. The last one is switching scenes. It starts with the same scene as the first one, but the other scene changes the amp channel to C (totally different amp model), changes the cab block channel and switches from dynacab to legacy Ultrares, engages a drive and changes the channel, engages out 2 and plex delay blocks and sends scene MIDI commands. This is again slightly longer than the first example. However, if you look at the timestamp above the clips, you will see that the time between the vertical bars is 0.5 seconds (recorded at 120 bpm).

Measuring the length of the gap on the screen gets me about 1/18th of a second in the first example, so around 0,056 seconds. I'm not the brightest when it comes to this stuff, so correct me if I'm wrong. The other two are certainly much longer than the first one, but it's still verrrrry short.

1705217658372.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom