I turned a Kemper guy into an Axe guy

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
I have a friend who lives in Helsinki and he's been raving about the Kemper for quite some time and he's actually the guy who sent it over to me for reviewing when I was a "pain in the ass" for Kemper on YouTube. Anyways he came over yesterday and he has told me that he tried the Axe-Fx II once and didn't like it. (I bet the guy with the Axe-Fx wasn't using my IR's :D )

My debate has always been that you need to know how to tweak the Axe-Fx which is just like real amps. No messing around with a million different effects etc. but just trusting the Axe-Fx to do it's job.

I asked what his favorite amp is. "Diezel Herbert" I picked that amp sim and tweaked the patch for 10 seconds and he couldn't stop playing. I threw the 2290 delay on top of that and his jaw dropped.

A long story short: He's buying an Axe-Fx now.

To be fair... I was running the Axe-Fx through my EVH power amp through my Marshall 1960AV cab so sure it drops my jaw also. :lol

My debate has always been that you need to know how to tweak the Axe-Fx which is just like real amps. No messing around with a million different effects etc. but just trusting the Axe-Fx to do it's job.

I totally agree with this. I think a simple setup is the way to go. I've got a few complicated patches with a million different effects on it, but nothing beats the AMP+CAB (with IR)+DRIVE combo. Glad you converted another person to the best club on earth.

I totally agree with this. I think a simple setup is the way to go. I've got a few complicated patches with a million different effects on it, but nothing beats the AMP+CAB (with IR)+DRIVE combo. Glad you converted another person to the best club on earth.

I thought that the idea was to disable cab sims if using the real thing? When using my Uberschall power stage into the Uberkab, I don't use them and turn the Sag off. Horses for courses I guess.

Clark good to see u back haha. How's mesas in V14 now??
Is your pal buying XL?

To be honest I haven't tried them much but I like how the RECTO1 ORD MDRN sounds. Maybe it's best that I don't compare because let's face it: people don't want to hear bad news even if it's the truth.

My friend was asking about the differences between Ultra and II to which I stated that it's mostly the feel that's different. If you have a good IR you'll sound pretty damn good on the Standard Axe-Fx also.

I agree that its hard sometimes to face the truth when you're working your ass off but resolve of recto's came out quite well.

Constructive criticism is good!:)

I turned a Kemper guy into an Axe guy

For valor in action against an enemy force you are awarded:

001_small.jpg

We salute you!

Back
Top Bottom