I think we will see a major product release very shortly from fractal!

Mmmm..FM6. They could drop the FM3 (which I am trying to do a deal on a s/h one now) and build a smaller FM9. Price it so that it detracts sales from any other manufacturers' products. And they could even call it "Turbo".

Or go retro and build an AX9. An AX8 with modern capabilities. And an updated USB outlet.

Who Agrees. Its in the air.
A number of modelers dropping at present, like fender one etc.
I think a big dyna cab update and maybe a new axe fx unit.

Love to see an updated refreshed axe edit ?
New product development in this arena can take years. Fractal being relatively quiet for a couple months and Fender releasing a new product out of nowhere does not imply that all of a sudden Fractal developed something to release.
I watched Leon's demo vid on the Fender modler and wasn't very impressed with what I heard. Every driven sim sounded somewhat the same, maybe with later firmware updates that might get better. The cleans sounded pretty good IDK it seems like there are enough modlers in the marketplace already.
The sound quality isn't up to Fractal level. I played one yesterday and it wasn't bad, but not up to Fractal level. The User-Interface however, is light years ahead of Fractal. As is with the Helix/QC/HeadRush/etc.

The only thing that would be a complete game-changer in the digital modeling arena at this point, would be for Fractal to release a completely updated UI across their platforms, one that was infinitely more user-friendly and intuitive. This topic has been beaten to death, and yet every other company out there in this area has significantly more intuitive UI's. Fractal has the best sound, others have better UI's. I would argue it's probably harder to have the better sound, so if you can find a way to have a better UI, you win.

We just can’t know.

I remember when someone said that a FM3 turbo would great or something like that and admin said « no » and then they released it a month after lol.

I rule out nothing....but honestly, I can't think of what they could do.

My only "gripes" with the hardware are trivial. I want more characters on the mini-displays. I want the FM9 to have the bigger ones. For me, that's about it.

Individual pedals of amps or fx ala UAD. Why not. Get a taste of FAS for cheaper and a workflow that is appealing to some. Want the FAS stereo delay without all the other stuff? 399.

Don't think it will be hardware and could make guesses... I'm excited to see what they have been working on regardless.

It's coming.. Just a matter of UI tweaks and finalizing hardware layout all things I/Os etc.. I was at Market Basket the other week and overheard all about it!! ;);)
And then he goes, "I RARELY IF EVER SHOP AT A MARKET BASKET!!" Hey relax man, it's all cool daddio!

I think it is time for the Fractal-tocaster guitar: modeller of guitars with feel and vibrato blocks, probably even faces.

Fractal's current lineup is super competitive - especially when you find out they have the most accurate modeling, period. My favorite thing to do is watch Fractal artists get GAS, and then come back to Fractal (this happened quite a bit with the QC).

Back
Top Bottom