I think this is my best mix yet!

vondano

Inspired

HEY!

i posted this a while ago when i was just starting this thing... i think it turned out cool (it was called "the grey lines" at first...)

per usual, all kinda music genre mixed,

the bass is my guitar downpitched with the axefx2,

I hope you enjoy!

thanx for cheking!

Nico

This is pretty sweet. The start of it was a bit rough and there are a couple drum fills that are a bit wonky. But id agree, the mix is pretty good.

thanx for checking man!

I realllllllly love my axefx2 (and my guitar)

im at a point where i dont have guitar related GAS anymore! (this is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) so now i must have studio related ones :D

anyway, thanx for checking!

nico

Sounds cool! I like the main riff. How do you guys get that stutter effect on the guitar? Is it manually done in the editor or a plugin of some sort?

thanx a bunch guys!!

Johnny: there's multiple ways to do that! sometime I use stutter edit, some time edit the wave file, most times I try to play it like that!

Nico

thanx man!

btw! the guitars is a Carvin DC800 (8 strings) with dimarzio Ionizers 8, into ts808 then FAS 6160 and 2 cabs (citrus RW and german boutique i think...)

no post-processing in sonar

bass is downpitched guitar into a complicated chain of effect and then some post-processing into sonar (compression, multiband, eq, )

for drums, I used metal machine (from toontrack)

keys and synths were lots of different VSTi (omnisphere being the one I use most)

I also play with no pic (bare finger) so i dont think a patch would help anyone since I adjust settings according to the sound my fingers make on the guitar pic-less...

thanx for cheking!

sonar 8,5 producer edition, the interface is the axefx2,

i use TONS of pluggins for drum sounds, bass, keyboard and "mastering" (or what i call mastering...)

my monitors are Mackie MR8 (not super good... i wish i had invested a bit more and got something better honestly... -_- )

my room is not threated, so that kinda sucks too, but hey, i do that for fun :D

i also have a 15 pounds teckel dog helping me mix and record at all times :D

p.s. english is not my 1st language, so sorry about that...

Back
Top Bottom