I think this demo is great. Well done Mr. Kingman

Dixiethedog

Experienced
I was flicking thru my YT subscriptions and spotted this just as it had been posted earlier today.

Normally, if I see people who I associate with one specific brand (Fractal) I often skip things by when they are doing demos of other brands' products.
But for some reason, I checked the video out.
I have never heard of Ethos before, but WOW!
I wish that I could get my AX8 to sound as good as the Ethos unit.
I am still a BIG Fractal fan but I do rather like the sounds of the demo video.

Last edited:
I've been using the top of their line Ethos Overdrive with all the bells and whistles for several years now. Of the many guitar preamp pedals I've got (both tube and SS) it's still my favorite by far.

So, I'm on the list for one of these. After some issues with the FM3, and very limited time to play, this just makes sense. Basic, effects loop for some simple pedals, will work with my awesome Xitone. I'm at a point where I don't need much else. Not really needing to sound like every amazing guitar sound out there anymore (which of course, I can with the Fractal products, plus a whole lot more).

I currently still have one of Robbie's original protoype Handy Drive pedals, and it's awesome. Played it again this evening. But, the fx loop on the Clean Fusion Deluxe, along with some of the additional features, makes this seem like a step-up replacement.

Last edited:
By the way, can anyone compare the Ethos pedals to the Quilter Superblock pedals?

I know, those are essentially 1 channel with different voicings, and also powered, but with the ability to run direct out (into a PA, etc.).

My Ethos CFD is on its way. :) I'll chime back in.

In no way will this replace my FM3. But, I want a solid, usable analog backup. I already have the DSM & Humboldt Simplifier DLX, but I'm still not 100% on it. Pretty amazing pedal that covers a lot of sonic ground, but some quirks, at least for me.

I was flicking thru my YT subscriptions and spotted this just as it had been posted earlier today.

Normally, if I see people who I associate with one specific brand (Fractal) I often skip things by when they are doing demos of other brands' products.
But for some reason, I checked the video out.
I have never heard of Ethos before, but WOW!
I wish that I could get my AX8 to sound as good as the Ethos unit.
I am still a BIG Fractal fan but I do rather like the sounds of the demo video.

Apologies as I've just spotted your post and kind words. The Ethos gear is one of the few brands I actually hang on to after the demo. I'm going to have a small, 'traditional' pedalboard built around it just for fun. Your AX8, however, should be able to park up next to it sonically. Perhaps follow the settings I roughly outline in this video for the Axe which heavily refers Mr Ford's Dumble tones.

If @Burgs should see this, from one Brett to another, please do another demo video with a proper guitar. A Les Paul. :)
I only have one or two Les Paul's; one's a Special and the other's a beat up, twenty year old Classic Std. The short scale irks me a bit so I go for guitars like the like one used (Charvel PA28) that has A2 PAF-style pickups but the longer scale. However, point taken and I'll dig out the LP for some future demos.
@Burgs is a little useless for demos, he always sounds great.
He could play a moldy salmon and kick butt.
Mmmm, mouldy salmon. There are places in the world that relish that kind of stuff, you know. I haven't gone there. Yet. Thanks, Dave!
I've been using the top of their line Ethos Overdrive with all the bells and whistles for several years now. Of the many guitar preamp pedals I've got (both tube and SS) it's still my favorite by far.
Yep, me too. Robbie's nailed it.
@Burgs is a class act across the board.
😳🙏🏻. Thanks Greg. Very kinds. All the best to you and yours this Christmas.
@Burgs is a fantastic player and demonstrator. I always love his stuff. I wish I was 1/10 as talented and capable!
It's all blues and bluff, you know. But thank you! 🙏🏻
I agree; Burgs just might be a bit too talented and tasteful to be a realistic reference for how things will sound under the fingers of a mere mortal. :)
😄🤘🏻🙏🏻
More like, "under the sausage fingers of a mere mortal", in my case!
😅
Don‘t forget that Segovia had huge sausage fingers. 😉
😮😂
I grew up with my actual sausage fingers working at my family business HERE!
🤙🏻
So, I'm on the list for one of these. After some issues with the FM3, and very limited time to play, this just makes sense. Basic, effects loop for some simple pedals, will work with my awesome Xitone. I'm at a point where I don't need much else. Not really needing to sound like every amazing guitar sound out there anymore (which of course, I can with the Fractal products, plus a whole lot more).

I currently still have one of Robbie's original protoype Handy Drive pedals, and it's awesome. Played it again this evening. But, the fx loop on the Clean Fusion Deluxe, along with some of the additional features, makes this seem like a step-up replacement.
Robbie makes great stuff. Lots of effort and consideration in his products. I love them too.

My Ethos CFD is on its way. :) I'll chime back in.

In no way will this replace my FM3. But, I want a solid, usable analog backup. I already have the DSM & Humboldt Simplifier DLX, but I'm still not 100% on it. Pretty amazing pedal that covers a lot of sonic ground, but some quirks, at least for me.
I hope you love it. I'll bet you do. Happy Christmas!

What a great reply to everybody @Burgs .

I have since moved from my trusty old AX8 to an FM3 so will try to emulate your Dumble types of settings.

From one Brett to another, thank you very much.

Happy Christmas to one and all.

So... hello. This pedal is incredible. I'm blown away, having just played it for even a few minutes. It loves my Emerald Virtuo.

Back
Top Bottom