I think I got zapped by my Axe Fx?

Milo

my gear when it happened was;

ART PS 4x4 Pro
Korg DTR1000
Axe Fx
Line 6 G50

While everything was unplugged I was wrapping up a lead. I THINK it was the one to my power conditioner and I got a jolt.

This has never happened until I got my Axe a few days ago?

Is this related?

I don't think so. It's a thing with tube amps especially, that right after you turn it off, the powercord can contain some nice snap if you touch it right away.

With my vox amplifier I have this thing for it, it's so wierd. I always touch the powerchord to "check" if I get a ZAPP or not. I never do and I go "phew" every time.

Living on the edge you know? I love living on the edge, you know like throwing snowballs at old ladies going

"I hope i don't hit her *hu,UH!".... 'phassshhhhhhWOOOM right by her side *PHEW!"

m680822_200402-Crossbow-Snow-Launcher-P1-300x206.jpg

"buying two sodas at the shop instead of one, 'I might not drink it', you get home, watch some tv, drink one soda, you look at the other one,
'Oh I'm gonna drink you, oh yes I am, LIVING ON THE EEEEDGE!!!'

Then all of a sudden you've had two sodas looking around you to see if anyone catched it,

"I'm on fiiiire tonight!!! Did you see that?? I've had twooo sodas, yeah baby! LIVING ON THE EDGE!!!"

you know?

Last edited:
Haha this was definitely 5-10 minutes after it was unplugged but yeah. Ill live wild next time but not using my finger taps to get that buzz haha.

While everything was unplugged I was wrapping up a lead. I THINK it was the one to my power conditioner and I got a jolt.

This has never happened until I got my Axe a few days ago?

Is this related?
2 things here... if you go a jolt with everything "unplugged" then either it wasn't all unplugged or some condensor/capacitor discharged. I'd say it is not related to the Axe - based on info provided.

Nothing in your list - except the ART - use any serious power. Certainly not the Axe at < 30w consumption and no massive internal capacitance. It IS possible that you have a faulty ground/bad cable somewhere, but power would/should have gone to ground with that, or you would have heard the mains hum while playing. Either way, nothing in your list should have caused that.

Considering I only have 1 IEC chord and that was the unplugged one that zapped me. It must be something else. The wireless power cable and midi made power cable were on the ground unplugged too.
This has never happened with my other gear that I'd had for a year plus.

Back
Top Bottom