I take back all the bad things I said about Fractal's factory presets

Finally discovered Poltergeist Pig I see....
My niece and nephew love that preset! They could care less about all the other stuff I play, but that one had them cracking up for a good half hour.

Anyway, I've always liked the factory presets. If nothing else, there's some good FX blocks and chains to steal from.

Ahhh yes, the Pig is an instant classic. I also like Frogtone. I use the Pig in a rather unorthodox way. I only use it during rehearsal and use it very sparingly. Anyone who has ever done band rehearsal knows the cacophonous noise that it always is. In the midst of the fray, I whip out the Pig. Everything stops while they try to figure out what just happened. To quote the paragon of wisdom, the wicked witch, these things must be done "delicately". I suppose they will someday figure out it is me, but I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Back on track, I usually build my own presets, but typically start with a preset and then let the tweaking begin. The beauty of the FX (in addition to das twiddlin' knobs und das blinkin' lights) is the sheer variety of sounds it can produce. So, I'm in the "love the presets" camp.

Last edited:
Sometimes if I'm just noodling around with the guitar and AxeFX I'll go through a bunch of the factory presets and play around with them. I've loved them since I first got my AFX.

Well go on, give us some detail!!

What did you find that swayed you? What do you love? Any changes to the stock settings? :)

My youngest daughter wanted to play my guitar so I set her up with my Suhr Tele and the Flashback preset (her go to). After she was done I was cruising through some presets and about 2/3 of them just sounded great to me. And they weren't just special fx type ones either. The presets I build myself are still better for me, but the factory ones aren't shabby at all!
-
Austin

The factory presets are nice, and a great starting place when you're new to what these things do. It's funny that Poltergeist Pig resounds with so many (me too) because it is one of those outside the box things you can create... who would think of that? Took me right to the Pink Floyd Animals album. I agree with Geezer, Frogtone Irie is another great one, I used it to cover that "Take My Breath Away" signature line. I always thought the presets weren't made to be definitive in themselves, they were made to give you ideas what the unit can do... inspiration for your own creations. Glad the OP is enjoying them, even vicariously!

Back
Top Bottom