I sold my Axe-Fx II XL+ today and I'm feeling down.

DavidCarrMusic

Inspired
Since I moved to the fabulously portable FM3 a couple of years ago, my dream live rig of an Mk2 XL+, stealth power amp, quad box with neo celestions and a ground control has been sitting idle. The mk2 has still had lots of work in the studio, but today I sadly said goodbye as it went to a new owner.
I've got to say that the mk2 rack was the most monumental piece of gear I've owned in some 30 years. I was really sorry to see it go. The good news is my FM3 is getting one hell of a work out.

Thought I'd post one of my happier moments here, creating a tone for Rush's Time Stand Still. The video gives a breakdown of the patch. I've had little luck converting these Mk2 presets so please give me some time to make a new one for the FM3.

Last edited:
That sounds amazing! Would you mind sharing the preset - I've always loved Alex's tone during that era.

Hey man...just want to say I think I've watched a video or two of yours on the AXe before and your tones are spectacular. Great stuff!

Did it work?
Yeah - I finally got a chance to try it last night and it imported fine, but CPU % usage was in the high 90's (with the unit connected over USB), so I had to remove the reverb block to lower the processing load and get it to stop clipping, but it sounded great - thanks for posting the preset!

this sounds fantastic. Did you try Fractool for the conversion to FM3?
Here's your II converted to III using Fractool.

Attachments

• Time Stand Still(AxeFx III).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom