I saw The Aristocrats last night

I'll be at the Sellersville PA show and flying out the following day to Vegas for Vai Academy and more hanging out with Guthrie 😁

Although they just had to cancel a few shows due to GG testing positive for covid 😑 this is really still a thing?
Yes, my sister and brother -in law just informed me they have Covid. It is a thing and it always was a thing. They are in North Carolina.

I'm pretty sure that's not the original. I think that was stolen with a bunch of other gear several years ago.

Do a Google search if you have time to read about that interesting saga...
I read it a long time ago, but I should look it up again. It was definitely an entertaining read, but I thought it ended up that he got the bass back. It's been a long time though, so I could be misremembering. I'll look it up again when I have some time to read the whole story.

Though speaking of Bryan's basses, I love his Dethklok TBird too.

I read it a long time ago, but I should look it up again. It was definitely an entertaining read, but I thought it ended up that he got the bass back. It's been a long time though, so I could be misremembering. I'll look it up again when I have some time to read the whole story.

Possible but I don't recall...

I do remember that he found another Lull bass that was very close serial number from the wife of another musician that had passed away.

He actually did not get this back. They caught the guys but the bass vanished.

I have found that most of the time instrument thieves are not turning them around, they are grabbing them for themselves or a friend. This is why I would not ever use a storage area for my gear. Too many chances to get staked out. But I get it in LA - it is difficult to keep things. Someone who steals basses knows what they are looking for.

Saw them last Saturday here in Houston. Guthrie was wearing a mask due to he had covid a few day prior. He really was utilizing the FM9’s full capability. One of their songs he was using an appregiator which was really cool. I also noticed he was using the expression pedal to control his gain from clean to crunch.

Attachments

• 2CE34749-5BCC-467C-AE5B-13D2A4B950CF.jpeg
    2CE34749-5BCC-467C-AE5B-13D2A4B950CF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
Possible but I don't recall...

I do remember that he found another Lull bass that was very close serial number from the wife of another musician that had passed away.

He actually did not get this back. They caught the guys but the bass vanished.

I have found that most of the time instrument thieves are not turning them around, they are grabbing them for themselves or a friend. This is why I would not ever use a storage area for my gear. Too many chances to get staked out. But I get it in LA - it is difficult to keep things. Someone who steals basses knows what they are looking for.
Thanks for clearing that up, guys. I do remember reading his posts about them catching the thieves, but forgot what was recovered.

My brother had a very rare bass stolen by his roommate in the middle of the night when the guy moved out. It was rare, as in one of a handful ever made by a small luthier here in Virginia with a very unique and memorable design. The guy sold the bass to a pawn shop in Georgia who looked up the luthier's website and called him about the instrument. That's when he was informed it was stolen. He sent it back, and the roommate was tracked down and arrested in Atlanta.

Back on topic: I would like to catch them live at some point. I can't travel very far to see them when they come to MD and NC at the end of the month.

Last edited:
Just snagged tickets to see them in Toronto in August which is a VERY rare thing for me to do. I haven't been to a gig since the mid 2000's but I feel GG is one of those guys you have to witness.

Just snagged tickets to see them in Toronto in August which is a VERY rare thing for me to do. I haven't been to a gig since the mid 2000's but I feel GG is one of those guys you have to witness.
Be prepared to have your socks blown off by the whole band!

GG, BB and MM are an amazing ensemble.

Back
Top Bottom