I prefer the fc12 mk1...

Am I trippin or does the older mk1s despite being smaller seem easier to read on stage?
Could be that the MkI is what you’re used to. At the end of the day if you’re happy with your FC12 MkI, then it’s good! (I’m content with my FC12 MkI and thankful for my eyes being able to see it so I don’t feel the need to upgrade)

I agree you should use what you see best, no trippin’ in that. That said, I am in the same place as @Greg Ferguson with them: I’ve got one of each and, while both work for me, there’s no doubt the bigger screens on the Mk II are easier for me to read quickly.

Could be that the MkI is what you’re used to. At the end of the day if you’re happy with your FC12 MkI, then it’s good! (I’m content with my FC12 MkI and thankful for my eyes being able to see it so I don’t feel the need to upgrade)
I have both of them and I used to bring the MK2 (thinking the same bigger=better) to gigs but I got them mixed up one day and grabbed the MK1 instead (usually kept in the studio). Got pissed off being stupid but ended up enjoying using it. I think it might be a contrast thing? Note that I use scenes most of the time and I have long names.

For reference, the FC6 page in the shop has a .gif that alternates between the Mk I and Mk II displays. Click the third image to enlarge it.

The display size upgrade is significant, with the height of individual characters of text doubling from 4.6mm to 9.2mm, as well as being presented in a bolder and more readable font.

Gosh, when I upgraded from the FM9 to the Mk II Turbo, it nearly gave me a "happy ending". The big screens are sooooo much more readable for me. :D

I think it might be a contrast thing? Note that I use scenes most of the time and I have long names.
There is a contrast difference, with the Mk II supporting a greater contrast and brightness. The displays still show the same number of characters, they’re just larger on the Mk II.

I have both of them and I used to bring the MK2 (thinking the same bigger=better) to gigs but I got them mixed up one day and grabbed the MK1 instead (usually kept in the studio). Got pissed off being stupid but ended up enjoying using it. I think it might be a contrast thing? Note that I use scenes most of the time and I have long names.
If you want to trade for my Mk I, I already PM'd you here. I'd love to :)

Back
Top Bottom