I/O options

Gearhead

Inspired
If I understand these options correctly, I can get rid of my mixer since I can easily incorporate the VG-99 I have within the III and I can -theoretically - feed software effects/Ableton looper from my Mac into the III and control them with the EFX loop, am I right?

Probably. I can't tell exactly what inputs/outputs you plan on using on the III. However, in the layout menu you can insert Inputs and Outputs and cable them up to your hearts content.

For example, I'm using Input1(guitar) with my amp/cab effect chain. That chain feeds Output1(FOH) & Output2 (IEM mix). These are blocks in the layout. I then have a feed Input3(IEM source from FOH) that is cabled directly to Output2 on the grid. So now, I can mix my main guitar feed with the FOH mix and send them directly to Output2.

Last edited:
Yes the analog in/out options are very well implemented, with much more flexibility than previously seen in AXEFx , and the USB is much more robust than before, and I am hoping that Cliff and crew will figure out a way to be able to use the SPDIF/AES with the same flexibility in the grid as the analog in/outs, currently no stereo , it will be converted to dual summed mono signals processed by Input 1 ( a mono block), the only option for AES.SPDIF in.. which makes it impossible to use the secret sauce for guitar on that input ..but this will not prevent you from creative routing unless you HAD to bring a stereo digital signal into III thru SPDIF...(of course the SPDIF works perfectly in stereo OUT of the III)

Last edited:
Yes, I would like to get rid of my mixer too, and the extra cables, latency and two extra D/A, A/D conversions from using an additional offboard reverb.

I know FAS is a very hard working company, but please make the AES/SPIDF FX/insert block an option in future firmware updates. There will be cheers..:)

Back
Top Bottom