I/O Input Page - 5th parameter added?

Ugly Bunny

Power User
The manual notes only the four A/D input scaling parameters, but it doesn't mention that there's actually a 5th parameter or what it does; I can't remember off the top of my head if it's called "Input 1 Gain" or something to that effect, and I don't know when it was added, but I'm curious what exactly it does and, more importantly, how it can be replicated/compensated for on the FM3. My clean presets do not sound the same between the Axe III and the FM3 and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why; then I noticed the 5th parameter in the I/O Menu. Can anyone shed some light on this 5th parameter and how it might affect tone & be simulated on the FM3?

Apologies for not having the name of that 5th parameter; I'm not at home at the moment.

Capture.PNG

It's a gain that is applied prior to the grid. Unlike the Input levels, it is not compensated. It is intended to be used to apply a global gain adjustment when switching between guitars that have varying pickup output levels.

Without that global gain parameter, you'd have to adjust the gain individually in your presets.

It's a gain that is applied prior to the grid. Unlike the Input levels, it is not compensated. It is intended to be used to apply a global gain adjustment when switching between guitars that have varying pickup output levels.

Without that global gain parameter, you'd have to adjust the gain individually in your presets.
So then to replicate it on the FM3, i would more or less just increase the input trim and/or gain parameter in the amp, correct?

Yes, but to make it easy to adjust with minimal disruption to your presets, I'd put a dedicated global block (maybe a null filter) at the beginning of the grid in all your presets.

Back
Top Bottom