I/O Audio Page

There seems to be a discrepancy between the manual and version 1.02. Page 64 of the manual indicates on the I/O audio page that output 2 (post) should have three settings; left only, L+R sum, and stereo. On my FX8 it only has L+R sum and stereo options. Why is that?

It seems that if I am running a purely mono rig that output 1 (pre) mode should be set to sum L+R, input 2 (post) mode should be set to left only, and output 2 (post) mode should be set to left only (but that option isn't there). Is that correct?

Also, on normal vs invert options, how does one tell if inverting the signal is needed? When and why does that happen and is the resulting sound an obvious phasey sound?

Output 2 has three modes: Stereo. Sum L+R, and Copy L>R. The current version of the manual states this correctly.

If you're running mono, either Sum L+R or Copy L>R could work. Which one works better depends on how you have your blocks set up.

No problem. The electronic version of the manual was updated sometime last month. It takes some time to get a new version reviewed by the beta testers, printed and bound.

As a rule, always assume that the printed manual is out of date. Things change fast with firmware updates, and printed paper never changes. :)

Back
Top Bottom