I need to get an additional DI signal out of my AX8 while recording thru one of my presets.

Jay Bartholomew

Hello,
I would like to get a DI signal out of my AX8 along with my preset sound while recording.
This will give me the options to use plug-ins on the DI track. I don't want to use an external DI box and deal with latency.
Any and all advise is welcome! THX !
JayB.

This is the way I do it. Put a FX Loop in a parallel path, cable from FX Send (Out 2), to channel 2 of my SSL 2+.

Might be a better way, especially if your use SPDIF. Haven't used that option yet.

DI AX8.png

Also, here are two videos from @2112 (check out/subscribe to his YouTube page for a wealth of knowledge on the AX8 and other Fractal products) on reamping that might be useful:

This is the way I do it. Put a FX Loop in a parallel path, cable from FX Send (Out 2), to channel 2 of my SSL 2+.

Might be a better way, especially if your use SPDIF. Haven't used that option yet.

No, SPDIF is hardwired to copy out 1 so out 2 is your only way or run dual mono via out 1. For recording I tend to not have any post amp/cab FX but just record the DI and the dry amp/cab sound, then add FX via VST plugins.

Back
Top Bottom