I need to be criticize. Djent tone revision.

I'd suggest using less gain personally, it'll get a bit more percussive which is always nice on tones like this.

It would need to be heard in a mix. It might be fine depending on how the drums and bass sound.
Hard to give you an opinion with out using a mix as a reference. Just FYI.

I have to agree with progrocco, to much gain and to much 'hair' on the top end. Sounds like there is a lot of compression going on as well. If your gonna run a compressor in the chain, leave the amp gain fairly low. The point being that the attack will remain percussive and clear, while the decay still has enough drive to sustain and actually be distorted. Its a fine line.

Can you throw this in a mix or is it just for playing on your own? It's really hard to critique w/o hearing it in context.

I took the words of all of your advices and tweak here and there. I will post a new update on the sound with drums maybe tomorrow or the day after. The reason I gave a pure guitar tone without any mixes, is because some time ago, a chap told me to kill of any drums and bass, just so he can judge the tone better, guess he was wrong ;D

solo it sounds to harsh with the lack of bass but from an engineers perspective i think i can fit very well in a mix with bass heavy drums and bass

edit. the advice of hearing some tracks solo isnt the best. when i start mixing i always solo the tracks but refine them in the mix .. especially as a guitarist you tend to overdo it it the low mids/bass region and the mix will sound muddy ..
most guitar tracks soloed wont sound that "heavy" .. they will sound heavy with the bass and drumset ^^

to get good crits on your sound just post the mix (if it sounds good here why even hear it solo ... ;)) or post the mix AND the solo track so you can judge both .. problem with guitars is it also depends how loud you mix them. loud guitars need another eqing than quite ones. the louder something sits in the mix the more "natural" sounding it has to be to me

Changed abit

How is it now? Excuse my amateur drum beats because I just learned it hours ago. ( Now that I think of it, how do I make cool drum beats? )
Anyways, this is the tone retweaked from the previous ones. I increased the depth by a little, lowered the gain by 2 and added a few more tweaks here and there. No bass because I don't own one D:

Back
Top Bottom