I need this control after seemingly using all of them up..

Shepdoggiest

Inspired
I am one week into Axe iii and may be in the smaller group of people who are gonna need the upper limits of control capability. The reason is I'm a guy trying to play and sing some heavy lift material (for me, anyway) so performance will fall apart if I have to tap dance. Being the front of a 3 piece band, I think the show dictates looking up at the audience instead of down at my feet also.

I've set 4 Scene controllers and CS per Scene as pic shows. I can set CS 6 to a rotary parameter. But I need to control Rotary speed as a fast /slow toggle because it changes between scenes, not on scene change. I change presets from a FCB1010. I'm using a FS-7 in Exp 1 to change Scenes from it's B button. I use Exp 2 for Wah and control of Echoplex self oscillation. Can I accomplish Speed Control with what I have?

Maybe I've looked at it all too long and missed something obvious. Maybe it can be configged differntly and I don't see it.

Thanks very much for listening to my long windedness. Scene Controllers List.png

Why not use block channels instead of control switches?
I find his way is perfectly gapless. I tried it with delay and there was a gap. Maybe it's me. I'm a week into this massive technical marvel, hoping to mine the wealth of knowledge of the well experienced. Am I correct that Scene Controllers can't be used on multiple blocks?

perfectly gapless. I tried it with delay and there was a gap
Not sure how a gap could be created when changing channels on a delay block since even when run in series, delay does not affect the dry below 50% mix. If you're referring to the delay tails abruptly cutting off, then you're getting a similar result controlling the mix anyway. You're better off putting the delay in parallel, setting the bypass mode to mute in, setting the mix to 100%, and using the input gain parameter to control how much dry signal is sent into the delay algorithm. That way you can freely adjust the input gain of the delay without affecting the tails of the delay.

Am I correct that Scene Controllers can't be used on multiple blocks?
No, that is incorrect. You can assign the same scene controller to multiple parameters on different blocks.

Last edited:
find his way is perfectly gapless.
What firmware revision are you running? V.23.05 is amazing and gapless without any fussiness. Run a full backup, upgrade and give it a try. If you don’t like it reinstall the version you’re currently running and reload the presets from the backup.

Channels are an alternative to scene controllers so experiment with both, especially on the latest firmware. There’s usually a couple ways to accomplish the same thing on a Fractal, and some fit our way of thinking better than others.

What firmware revision are you running? V.23.05 is amazing and gapless without any fussiness. Run a full backup, upgrade and give it a try. If you don’t like it reinstall the version you’re currently running and reload the presets from the backup.

Channels are an alternative to scene controllers so experiment with both, especially on the latest firmware. There’s usually a couple ways to accomplish the same thing on a Fractal, and some fit our way of thinking better than others.
Hi Greg, Thanks for chiming in. I'm on 23.05. My head is still swimming in the deep water of the possibilities. I'm sure this would be easier if I could separate my brain the 3 ways of running all this control even somewhat manually, instead of the 2 ways of just singing/playing.

Last edited:
My head is still swimming in the deep water of the possibilities. I'm sure this would be easier if I could separate my brain the 3 way of running all this control even somewheat manually, instead of the 2 ways of just singing/playing.
If I was trying to do that I'd look into letting a MIDI sequencer manage the Fractal's changes so I could concentrate on playing, singing, and fronting the band. There are many forum members who can chime in on their experiences and point to resources.

v23.05 is a great starting point.

Not sure how a gap could be created when changing channels on a delay block since even when run in series, delay does not affect the dry below 50% mix. If you're referring to the delay tails abruptly cutting off, then you're getting a similar result controlling the mix anyway. You're better off putting the delay in parallel, setting the bypass mode to mute in, setting the mix to 100%, and using the input gain parameter to control how much dry signal is sent into the delay algorithm. That way you can freely adjust the input gain of the delay without affecting the tails of the delay.

No, that is incorrect. You can assign the same scene controller to multiple parameters on different blocks.
Hi, thanks a bunch for reaching out. I am using the delays in parallel w/ input gain controlled. as you proposed. I'm not using mutes on a footswitch for anything, for reason above. I'll try putting the 2 delays into channels again. Spillover across scenes/channels would probably serve me well in my very makeshift scenario. It doesn't help that I've missed a decade of Fractal development as I was an Ultra user til about a week ago.
If I was trying to do that I'd look into letting a MIDI sequencer manage the Fractal's changes so I could concentrate on playing, singing, and fronting the band. There are many forum members who can chime in on their experiences and point to resources.

v23.05 is a great starting point.
Interesting. I used to use with keyboard tracks and to change patches I needed to be there when I walked up. But the drummer was listening to click, which we won't be using. I'm very curious what that would look like. I sure do appreciate the willingness to help a noob out!

Is the FCB-1010 the only controller you're using? The Control Switch modifying rotary speed isn't going to be something you can control directly via MIDI. What are you envisioning stepping on to switch the rotary speed--a switch on the FCB1010?

P.S. Delay input gain works the same way with a series routing. It only affects the feed to the delay engine so the path the dry signal takes (a shunt vs. through the delay block w/ mix below 100%) makes no difference for that.

Is the FCB-1010 the only controller you're using? The Control Switch modifying rotary speed isn't going to be something you can control directly via MIDI. What are you envisioning stepping on to switch the rotary speed--a switch on the FCB1010?

P.S. Delay input gain works the same way with a series routing. It only affects the feed to the delay engine so the path the dry signal takes (a shunt vs. through the delay block w/ mix below 100%) makes no difference for that.
As far as MIDI, yes. I'm using a Roland FS-7 in Exp 1 and an expression pedal in exp 2. I just put that in place if it was viable and I was missing something. Good to know. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom