I need help please!!!

Yep I've used a process of elimination. Leads, different outputs, diff guitars, diff speakers. I think its hardware coz ive reloaded backups from before this happened and it's still happening so it makes me feel like it's a hardware issue. Hopefully one of the big boys can chime in with some insights :)

Hi, you are not alone, I made the same experience. From one day to the next my presets got that brittle sound like you described or like in your demo. And as you have I tempted by cable switch everything to reset, without success. Have now sent my AXE to G66 for technical support. Hope they find something and can fix it.

Hi, you are not alone, I made the same experience. From one day to the next my presets got that brittle sound like you described or like in your demo. And as you have I tempted by cable switch everything to reset, without success. Have now sent my AXE to G66 for technical support. Hope they find something and can fix it.

That's a bummer rolidoc. Let me know what the outcome is. I live in Australia. Maybe Independent Music in Queensland can take a look. I'm gigging so this is gonna be a pain. I may have to buy a second hand AXE from the web to get me thru, fix mine then sell one.

I did forget to mention that when I sound checked at Friday's gig, normally my channel for the AXE on the desk is flat. I went out the front to have as listen as I always do(as I'm wireless) and the sound guy had to turn the treble on my channel way down and dial in some bass - it was sooooo harsh and piercing to the ears!

Try this. It's a preset in the Axe Fx - not my preset. It prob will sound like a normal preset at your end.
I've never done this before so hopefully this upload has worked!
PS what I'm hearing is happening with all presets.

Attachments

• ML Brit 800 34.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Will try when I get home but according to my preset list from the wiki that is not one of the updated factory presets unless I am missing it.

Actually I think it's a preset I received when I went to an AXE FX clinic. Either way it's a preset where I hear the anomaly. I know what you're gonna say - it's that preset because i received it from someone else, but that's not the case. I received many presets from the guitarist who was doing the clinic (as all participants did) and I've had no problem with any of his presets until I started moving all presets in the AXE last week. That's when the trouble started. I've used this particular guitarist's presets for ages without issue and he uses them live on TV.
And it's happening with ALL presets in the AXE. Not just his or mine but factory presets too.

Last edited:
Actually I think it's a preset I received when I went to an AXE FX clinic. Either way it's a preset where I hear the anomaly. I know what you're gonna say - it's that preset because i received it from someone else, but that's not the case. I received many presets from the guitarist who was doing the clinic (as all participants did) and I've had no problem with any of his presets until I started moving all presets in the AXE last week. That's when the trouble started. I've used this particular guitarist's presets for ages without issue and he uses them live on TV.
And it's happening with ALL presets in the AXE. Not just his or mine but factory presets too.
So just looking at the preset the cab block hi and low cut are default settings

Yeah. He doesn't touch those parameters. All his presets are the same. But again, it's happening in all presets. that's just an example I uploaded because I was using it at the time I wrote the post and it's a preset that sounded awesome last week until I moved all the presets.

My own presets have the cab low cut to 100 and the high somewhere around 7000 depending and it's doing it on my presets too. Personally I don't think it's in the presets because as i mentioned, his presets plus mine and other people's presets I have, sounded awesome last week. I don't think anyone will hear what I'm hearing by uploading a preset because I believe it's in the hardware.
I've deleted all presets. Wiped the slate clean several times. Uploaded different firmwares and different backups (where the guitarist's presets weren't loaded into my AXE yet). It can't be the presets as I've loaded too many different backups. Surely my old backups wouldn't be corrupted if they weren't in the past? I gig every Friday and had no trouble Friday the 23rd of Feb until the next day when I moved the presets - then everything started sound buzzy. I'm hoping someone chimes in with a hardware fix I can try (like holding a button down when the unit powers up etc) or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom