I need a powered monitor without dsp (no latency)

Does it have to be a ‘monitor’ style speaker, or could you work with an FRFR cab of some sort? A monitor, as it were, will be more likely to have DSP than a purpose built modeling FRFR. It does come down. To budget and application.

I am 100% with you on added latency. This is one of the reasons I went with the Barefaced Audio Reality Active. There is no DSP - but then again, there's no onboard EQ controls either!

Last edited:
Here come the latency shamers right on cue. I totally agree with you Overture1922. The 2 ms or so of latency in the axe fx itself is unavoidable, and short enough to be unnoticeable to me. But I can start to feel the disconnect at 4 ms and it just gets worse from there. 8 ms is an eternity in this regard and would be a complete deal breaker for me. That's why my FRFR solution is totally analog. I was initially looking at popular powered speakers like the QSC K12s and Yamaha DXRs and others. But once I realized they pretty much all had DSP front ends, I went a different direction. I was determined not to add 1 more ms of latency if I didn't have to. I also wasn't crazy about the additional AD/DA conversion. I opted for a pair of Celestion F12-X200 cabs powered by a Seymour Duncan PowerStage 700. Pure sonic bliss.
same path and same result for me, No amplification with DSP if possible.
Seymour Duncan or GSS amplification + speakers mounted with Jensen N12D or possibly an Celestion F12-X200

Back
Top Bottom