I need a huge favor in regards to CLR/Q12

Trainwreck1446

Experienced
If someone could be so kind as to record a clip of them playing out of an Atomic CLR and/or, a Matrix Q12 in a low drop tuning, or 7 string in at least drop A, you would be doing me a great service. I have the money to buy one right now, but I have gone down the FRFR route once before and gotten burned by QSC, because it could not do drop tuning. Standard was great. But for drop B or lower, it just wasn't there. I really love the idea of FRFR, but at this point its not really for us high gainers. Can someone please prove me wrong?

Shall do this weekend for you :)

If you fancy a trip to Birmingham, England this weekend, you can play through it yourself at the "Great British Guitar Show", we have cabs, a few Axe Fx II's and amps. Just bring a guitar :)

My best regards
Matt

Shall do this weekend for you :)

If you fancy a trip to Birmingham, England this weekend, you can play through it yourself at the "Great British Guitar Show", we have cabs, a few Axe Fx II's and amps. Just bring a guitar :)

My best regards
Matt
So I trust from this response that doing "drop tunings" with the CLR isn't a problem or even a concern whatsoever?

It's definitely not a problem with the RCF 12 NX I play my 7's thru mine all the time Drop A A3sharp B tunings
No problemo

So I trust from this response that doing "drop tunings" with the CLR isn't a problem or even a concern whatsoever?

I can not respond personally about the CLR. I will however be more than happy to grab some video from our demo room at the show this weekend with the Q12a / Q12p. :)
My best regards
Matt

what about 8's tuned to drop E? I mean the CLR's got this linear thing going from 550 hz and up, but we're talking lower than 550 hz with 8 strings in drop E. o_O

The question comes down to, will it meshuggah? :D

Here is a frequency reference chart for different guitar tunings. though this doesn't include the lower fundamentals it should give you an idea of wether or not a speaker is going to have enough range to handel the tuning you want to use.

what about 8's tuned to drop E? I mean the CLR's got this linear thing going from 550 hz and up, but we're talking lower than 550 hz with 8 strings in drop E. o_O

41.5Hz is pretty low for a 12" full range FR cab to handel. I would think a good sub would be in order to handel that job. My guess is it's not going to have the low end roar that you would expect to hear.

In the same boat here... Can the CLR handle 8's in drop E? Hmmm...

We are going to re-record this, but here is something for the guys that wanted to hear drop tuned A 7 string through an Axe II and Q12a. Clarky has already given some feedback on the sound in the room, ( which put a smile on my face whilst trying to capture it for you ).

Best regards
Matt

I think its pretty apparent from the video that it can handle the frequency. Is that the active version of the cab or passive?

During that recording it was running passive.
Sounds the same in active mode :)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards
Matt

Back
Top Bottom