I Need A 3U Rack Bag With A Laptop Pocket! Any Suggestions?

groovenut

Power User
For the last 4 years I have been using a Gator Sutdio2Go 2U rack bag and it's been great. It survived everything Ive thrown at it and is still in great shape. However, I just added the RAC12 to my setup and now I need a 3U with a laptop pocket and cable through port. I looked at Gators current offerings and haven't found anything. Im hoping someone else has found a solution. I'd like to stay rack bag and only 3U to keep it light as I transport my rig everyday, twice a day.

This one looks like it's 3U but I am unable to find one for sale anywhere, so they're probably discontinued. My current unit is this exactly but 2U.
H77452000000001-00-750x750.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Thanks. I've looked at those but there are no specs for the pocket size or if there s a cable port inside the pocket. Any info on that? Maybe I just need to call sweetwater

3d4c096025ce28cd778cd7e5e5020a20.jpg

This is what my 2U has in the pocket. It would be nice to find a unit with it already there. Saves me having to modify a new rack

Just an update....

The pocket on the 3U Rack Bag is not large enough for a 15" laptop (or for that matter a 14" laptop) in stock form. The dimensions seem to be big inough but the fashion in which Gator chose to secure the back of the pocket to the rack eliminate 1-2" of usable space in the pocket. I am in the process of customizing the 3U I ordered as there is nothing that will work on the market. I'll post the final when I've finished.

Back
Top Bottom