I miss my Fractal...

Thank you all for your excellent input. I think I'm going to head over to the FM9 section. I am not quite in the market for anything right this minute, and hopefully when I will be, the FM9 will be readily available. Thanks again everyone!
If you don't mind the size, can use the extra switching, and don't mind the wait, the FM9 is certainly the way to go (double the CPU).

I've had FX II for 8 years. I received my FM3 a few months ago, as the FM9 was released too. I have never turned the II on again and for the first time in my life, I'm 100% happy with a digital modeler. The first factor is the Cygnus FW, it's a pleasure to play and the second factor is the small size, all in one and all that I need. It's much simpler and straight forward to edit and to use than the FX II. You can plug it in and play, like you would do with normal analog equipment and sound chain. It's just a lot easier.

What I liked right away is the preamp section in the amp block were you can add a boost type (without additional drive block). You just can't use all the blocks due to the processor limit (x 2) but you can have all the blocks that you really need in one preset. I never caught myself wishing more processing power.

Gonna play devil's advocate here and say maybe don't immediately run to the FM9 until you've considered the FM3+FC12 (my rig) using the OMG15 footswitch layout. Tradeoffs, gives and takes, a lot of ins and outs and what-have-yous. More buttons? More processor? Dual amps? Look at all that and the I/O and decide.

Also consider saving up for a studio on stilts. Keep your powder dry!

Image 12-13-21 at 10.15 AM.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom