I might need my head examined. Just ordered an Axe-Fx III Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, don’t talk to me either.

What makes you think I was talking to you?
"You" in this case is anybody, and again nobody needs that many preset spaces. If the Edge can do a gig with less than 50 with his FX use nobody "needs" more . Yes obviously you can want more and buy more but you don't "need" more. The only people who I see claim to NEED more seem not to be able to program their own or decern through 200 near identical Marshall tones in the packs they buy that usually sound like ass.

Did his choice affect you directly? No? Move on.

The only time these "i didnt need to but i did anyway" threads matter is if someone skipped paying bills to keep their family fed and safe to buy gear. And I doubt people will tout that here.

It's the OP's money, it does not affect you.

The only time these "i didnt need to but i did anyway" threads matter is if someone skipped paying bills to keep their family fed and safe to buy gear. And I doubt people will tout that here.

He put it on a forum for opinion, get over it.

I share Andy's point of view. I think having two AxeFx's just for the sake of having extra preset slots is insane. Obviously good for you if you can afford it (and Fractal) but the reasoning doesn't justify the $$ for me.

Gladly if you can't engage with an issue . The OP wondered if he needed his head examining and the answer was yes.
Oh so you were talking to me! Thought so. Actually, I wasn’t asking for opinions. I was attempting to inject a little humor into this world and celebrate my new purchase.

But I guess I missed the mark with you. Are you always so negative and judgemental?

Last edited:
I was on the fence about it, but I pulled the trigger and got the MKII and now that I have it I really like the differences to the III. The display is much better and I really like the extra preset space. I could have easily lived with III as is, but I figured now is the time to upgrade as the used prices on the III are really strong, making it only a few hundred $ difference to upgrade now. In a year from now, who knows what the $ difference would be. The MKII has everything I want, and I will likely keep for the next 5 years, like I did previously with my II XL.

It could be so simple.
If somebody want's to buy a MKII, that's great👍
And if somebody don't want to buy a MKII, that's great 👍

Cheers and a happy new Year
Sash

You don't need to keep all your presets on the unit. How many do you actually use??? The other differences are practically irrelevant. I can't understand anyone swapping a 3 for a mark 2. I can't even really understand the distinction, its more like a minor revision that manufactures make all the time to products without a mention.
Until set list/song list capability is available, the extra preset storage would allow me to store presets in sequential order for more than one or two shows worth of set lists. Ah hell man, why am I wasting the energy? You're obviously WAY smarter and aware of what we all need, so I'll just sit back and absorb the wisdom you're so generously sharing.

In that case, don’t talk to me either.
Gladly if you can't engage with an issue . The OP wondered if he needed his head examining and the answer was yes.

He put it on a forum for opinion, get over it.
You're under the impression that I care about the subject of this thread.

Again, who cares what someone else did with their money if it doesn't harm you. "Get over it."
If you don't care don't post. Grow up.
Oh so you were talking to me! Thought so. Actually, I wasn’t asking for opinions. I was attempting to inject a little humor into this world and celebrate my new purchase.

But I guess I missed the mark with you. Are you always so negative and judgemental?

Please may I remind all concerned this is the FAS forum and not TGP. We have certain standards of mutual respect. Each to their own and all that.

I was seduced by the email from Fractal telling us that the III Mark II is in stock with no wait. I have a perfectly fine Mark I that I’ve had since July 2018.

I know I don’t need it, but that didn’t stop me from placing my order. What the heck is wrong with me? :)

I guess I’ll have a nearly mint condition Mark I for sale fairly soon...

Good for you, man!! Ignore the haters, shaders, faders & perpetrators... Enjoy yourself and congrats on the new purchase!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom