I may have a defective unit, I need to try something to check if this is true.

You're right, cables do not affect the recording....
I guess you need to contact Support.

How about this test.

Make a short DI recording (guitar -->shunts only preset-->Adobe) and post that DI wav file along with a wet version thru any preset. Also post the preset. I can download the DI file and preset, reamp it and it should be exactly identical to your wet version.

The Axe balanced XLR output goes directly to the Adams. The sound you hear in my recordings is the exact sound I hear when I play.
My laptop is connected via USB to the Axe. When I play the recorded file from Adobe Audition, I hear the sound through the Adams.

Again, all being set, when I play the guitar, I hear the sound through the Adams but I can see the meters in Adobe Audition moving (no sound through the laptop speakers and the monitoring button is not pressed). I record the sound and then I press play. The sound plays through Adams and it is the exact sound I heard during the recording. Can't get simpler than that.

Furthermore, even if I am not USB connected, it is the same sound, no difference at all.
I changed 6 or 7 guitar cables, I even used one that was used on the stage by a famous guitar player here in Romania. What else can be done?

But does your recordings of that HBE preset sound very different than Frozen and Yek's, to you? Obviously different pickup outputs etc, but they sound pretty much the same to me. Don't like that preset btw, sounds harshhh...but that's irrelevant 8)

Last edited:
Reactions: gin
its all about the input signal .. hotter signals like the humbucker ones just sound more full but overall sound doesnt sound "broken" to me ..

How about this test.

Make a short DI recording (guitar -->shunts only preset-->Adobe) and post that DI wav file along with a wet version thru any preset. Also post the preset. I can download the DI file and preset, reamp it and it should be exactly identical to your wet version.

I see, so you will actually have the same "guitar".
I'll do that. It's 11 o'clock in the evening here but I'll do it tomorrow and I will post both files.
I really apreciate your help.

Ok, so there are two members that think the recordings are comparable (short of the pickup types used).
My oppinion may be biased, I'll give you that, I will try the experiment with the dry signal reamped through the same preset so we compare apples to apples.
Thanks guys.

Ok, so there are two members that think the recordings are comparable (short of the pickup types used).

I asked because if you do think they all sounded "out of phase", the problem is not your unit. You either don't like what you can make it do, or polarity may be flipped on the way to one of your speakers.

If you think your recording sounds bad, and Frozen and Yek's sound good.....then I'm afraid we need to contact a shrink :razz 8)

Since there were issues with 5.04b I think you should upgrade the firmware to 5.07 and then go to the Utility menu and do a Reset and then see how things sound.

I asked because if you do think they all sounded "out of phase", the problem is not your unit. You either don't like what you can make it do, or polarity may be flipped on the way to one of your speakers.

If you think your recording sounds bad, and Frozen and Yek's sound good.....then I'm afraid we need to contact a shrink :razz 8)

Well, it may sound like crap through the monitors or headphones (even though it doesn't) but it should sound the same recorded via USB. That's the beauty of it.
I bought it to sound like on CD's at bedroom level and for recording. BTW, I said that their recordings do sound more airy and open whereas mine sounds a bit too scooped. As Yek said, my recording sounds filtered, and I agree.

FWIW, up until now, with the exception of cleans, I failed to load a preset (built for whatever FW, same as mine) and sound like the recording the preset was built for. Maybe it was the guitar, maybe it was my playing, I'm still searching for the truth. The shrink will have to wait.

Well, it may sound like crap through the monitors or headphones (even though it doesn't) but it should sound the same recorded via USB. That's the beauty of it.
I bought it to sound like on CD's at bedroom level and for recording. BTW, I said that their recordings do sound more airy and open whereas mine sounds a bit too scooped. As Yek said, my recording sounds filtered, and I agree.

FWIW, up until now, with the exception of cleans, I failed to load a preset (built for whatever FW, same as mine) and sound like the recording the preset was built for. Maybe it was the guitar, maybe it was my playing, I'm still searching for the truth. The shrink will have to wait.

Since there were issues with 5.04b I think you should upgrade the firmware to 5.07 and then go to the Utility menu and do a Reset and then see how things sound.

I miss 4.01, I thought it sounded the best. Wasn't able to go back. Is there a super reset to factory state?

To reset it, press the Utility button and then select the Reset System tab then press Enter and then press Enter again to confirm.

As i'm on 5.04b as well i could help you out with an reamp if you provide a DI track, but i doubt that it will sound different than played through your unit. I tend to agree that the differences can be explained with different pick-ups, as the clips do not sound totally different. But we could check that out with the DI track.

As i'm on 5.04b as well i could help you out with an reamp if you provide a DI track, but i doubt that it will sound different than played through your unit. I tend to agree that the differences can be explained with different pick-ups, as the clips do not sound totally different. But we could check that out with the DI track.

Thanks Frozen, I'll do that.

I thought it sounded like theres something funny in the cab block (adrianni). I don't have 5.04 any more, but post the DI audio file and I'll tweak a patch with 5.07 to see if it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom