I love the axe fx III but I hate tweaking

My point is that even though your preset is extremely simple, there are so many things that CAN be tweaked.
Yeah but I didn't post it to say here's what CAN be tweaked. I posted it to say here's what I DID tweak.

The overarching point is, you don't need to tweak any of the hidden parameters. The bass, middle, treble, gain, presence, depth, and volume are enough.

Yeah but I didn't post it to say here's what CAN be tweaked. I posted it to say here's what I DID tweak.

The overarching point is, you don't need to tweak any of the hidden parameters. The bass, middle, treble, gain, presence, depth, and volume are enough.
But that's true of any preset. You can select any factory or other preset and just not tweak anything no matter how simple or complicated it is. My point is still that b/c of the abilities of this system, there's not a shortage of things to tweak.

But that's true of any preset. You can select any factory or other preset and just not tweak anything no matter how simple or complicated it is. My point is still that b/c of the abilities of this system, there's not a shortage of things to tweak.

And the whole point of the thread - as evidenced by the OP - is that tweaking isn't necessary in a lot of cases.

So why are you trying to sail this ship into dragon waters, when the rest of us are trying to sail it to the Island of Big Boobies?

And the whole point of the thread - as evidenced by the OP - is that tweaking isn't necessary in a lot of cases.

So why are you trying to sail this ship into dragon waters, when the rest of us are trying to sail it to the Island of Big Boobies?
Whatever man. I don't really think you addressed the OP. Look at the title and there's nothing in your post that precludes tweaking.

I was trying to make a friendly point, thus the :tearsofjoy: in my first response to you. Tweak or don't, it's up to you no matter how many or few blocks you use.

Whatever man. I don't really think you addressed the OP. Look at the title and there's nothing in your post that precludes tweaking.

I was trying to make a friendly point, thus the :tearsofjoy: in my first response to you. Tweak or don't, it's up to you no matter how many or few blocks you use.

There was nothing to address in the OP's post, and there was nothing to address in my screen cap. It was just friendly chat about how we don't feel the need to tweak. Well, it was until you caused this derailment by trying to mock me.

There was nothing to address in the OP's post, and there was nothing to address in my screen cap. It was just friendly chat about how we don't feel the need to tweak. Well, it was until you caused this derailment by trying to mock me.
Who's mocking you? Maybe you're just being overly sensitive? My point was that there is a plethora of things to tweak in your preset, regardless of how simple you think it is. Are you afraid of friendly banter?

Take care and have a great day.

Who's mocking you? Maybe you're just being overly sensitive? My point was that there is a plethora of things to tweak in your preset, regardless of how simple you think it is. Are you afraid of friendly banter?

Take care and have a great day.
Your point is irrelevant to the thrust of the thread. Yes. I'm afraid of "friendly" banter. Deathly so.

I have a love/hate relationship with the tweaks! I love it because there are trillions of sounds you can get, and all have some interest and usage!! But like OP, I just want to play!!! There have been dozens of times in the 5 months I have had my Axe that I just said F it and played even though not happy with the tone ;~(( But then the whole time I am playing, I have a scowl on my face and in my head! I have two presets, one for my electrics, one for my bass. I have not yet set one up for acoustics (busy playing). I started with about 30 factory presets after trying them all. Then narrowed that down to about 6. From there, I found "the one" and tweaked to my liking. But it is still a work in progress and always will be I would imagine. Long and short is, glad I have the options, but sometimes frustrates me and I just give up!

Your point is irrelevant to the thrust of the thread. Yes. I'm afraid of "friendly" banter. Deathly so.
Wow, you're either very disingenuous or not intelligent enough to see that you're post was useless. Either way, no use explaining it again.

As for you being "deathly" afraid of friendly banter, I'd suggest to avoid any and all social interaction to include message boards.

Wow, you're either very disingenuous or not intelligent enough to see that you're post was useless. Either way, no use explaining it again.

As for you being "deathly" afraid of friendly banter, I'd suggest to avoid any and all social interaction to include message boards.
Ok.

Have owned 99.9% of the fractal gear and rarely go anywhere I couldn't go on a real amp. Nothing wrong with going deep. I have never felt the need too much. TBH, I do, most always, tweak the Hi res freq down to the old default of 2.52, but that's really it. I am a Strat\Tele single coil guy and it helps me.

After learning how to dial in some of the deeper parameters, there are some amps that didn’t work for me, and now I can make them sound to my liking. Like the speaker parameters, cuts, bias, bright caps, boost, etc. But after I get something close I just play it awhile without touching anything except the basics. I do believe the deeper stuff can make an average preset better or more personalized. Not something that’s necessary but I like going there. But you have to leave it alone and play too. Otherwise it can be an endless rabbit hole.

Alright ya'll. We's got one particular type of tweakin' that's considered kosher 'round these parts. But this other kind of tweakin'... frowned upon, ya hear? Stick with that FAS, and throw out the glass, amigos.

For me there are two types of tweaking. There's the fun tweaking, where I'm playing amp tech or amp designer, and there's the trying to nail the tone on a specific song/solo tweaking, which is a royal pain.

Back
Top Bottom