I love my Axe Fx! - Patches

jeffpengelly

Inspired
Hey guys! Haven't been on the forum a lot lately but I have had a ton of requests for me to post the patches I used in the video below, so I'll just share them on this post. I couldn't find the Mark IV patch I posted back in the day, but I know Clark Kent has done a GREAT job at posting some Petrucci tones. I also have chosen to not upload Ola's presets cause that's his business.

I have chosen to upload a few Devin Townsend cleans I have made because I have worked very hard on them and figure people might enjoy the other ones as well. The DevIR was an IR I matched to Devin's cleans and is used with all the Devin patches. The acoustic simulation patch goes with the AcousticIR cab and was originally uploaded onto the forum by javajunkie. "Shattered fortress IR was posted by Clark Kent originally but I used it in the M IV crunch preset I believe. I found the chorus clean on the forum as well at some point but tweaked it. The andromeda lead was also posted on the forum a while back, but I can't quite remember by who (maybe Marco himself!)

Enjoy !

PS. The "Soft lead" patch, the DevIR, Shattered Fortress IR and the AcousticIR will be included in a post called "I love my Axe Fx! - Patches 2" just because it will only allow me to attach 8 here.

Attachments

• JeffPengelly Chorus Clean.syx
    2 KB · Views: 531
  • Acoustic Sim.syx
    2 KB · Views: 466
  • Andromeda Lead.syx
    2 KB · Views: 477
  • JeffPengelly DevClean 2.syx
    2 KB · Views: 424
  • JeffPengelly DevClean2.syx
    2 KB · Views: 375
  • JeffPengelly Devin Clean.syx
    2 KB · Views: 402
  • JeffPengelly Guthrie.syx
    2 KB · Views: 419
  • JeffPengelly M IV Crunch.syx
    2 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Many many thanks!
These patch are for Poweramp + guitar cab (real)? Global config ampsim ON, global eq?

Hey guys! Haven't been on the forum a lot lately but I have had a ton of requests for me to post the patches I used in the video below, so I'll just share them on this post. I couldn't find the Mark IV patch I posted back in the day, but I know Clark Kent has done a GREAT job at posting some Petrucci tones. I also have chosen to not upload Ola's presets cause that's his business.

I have chosen to upload a few Devin Townsend cleans I have made because I have worked very hard on them and figure people might enjoy the other ones as well. The DevIR was an IR I matched to Devin's cleans and is used with all the Devin patches. The acoustic simulation patch goes with the AcousticIR cab and was originally uploaded onto the forum by javajunkie. "Shattered fortress IR was posted by Clark Kent originally but I used it in the M IV crunch preset I believe. I found the chorus clean on the forum as well at some point but tweaked it. The andromeda lead was also posted on the forum a while back, but I can't quite remember by who (maybe Marco himself!)

Enjoy !

PS. The "Soft lead" patch, the DevIR, Shattered Fortress IR and the AcousticIR will be included in a post called "I love my Axe Fx! - Patches 2" just because it will only allow me to attach 8 here.

Many many thanks!
These patch are for Poweramp + guitar cab (real)? Global config ampsim ON, global eq?

Should have specified this! All these patches were made going directly from my Axe to my interface so there was no poweramp/cabs used. Global settings were not used.

Outside of the global settings, does anyone have a tip or two to fill these patches out? They're still sounding pretty brittle coming out of my cab. Axe-FX Std>Matrix GT800FX>Mesa 2x12 Recto cab w/ 30's.

Cheers

I thinks thats no trick, the AMP parms are very different.
I use a Global EQ with my presets (ART SLA2, Mesa 2x12 Recto cab) with the following levels:
63 -> 0.6
125 -> 2.2
250 -> 0.8
500 -> 0
1K -> -0.6
2k -> 1.2
4k -> 0
8k -> -4.8
gain -> -5.6

Whats your global eq levels?

Outside of the global settings, does anyone have a tip or two to fill these patches out? They're still sounding pretty brittle coming out of my cab. Axe-FX Std>Matrix GT800FX>Mesa 2x12 Recto cab w/ 30's.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom