I know this topic has been beaten to death but..

dkijc

Experienced
No- but I could run the axe fx into my JC120 stereo effects loop and see where its at with a JC model w/cabs off
(from another topic about JC20)

O M GOSH..... I never knew turning off the cab sim going into the effects loop can be so...... creamy. I don't think I ever gotten to sound this clear and crisp until today!!

Thanks Jeries!!

Axe -> HotRod Dlx Preamp In.... this is seriously rocking.

I know I can't try out other IR's with this set up so I wish I can get this sound with the FRFR. Is what I'm doing a good way to route if I don't go with a tube power amp or FRFR?

Maybe it's just me hallucinating ;)

if you're using a hot rod deluxe- they're a fairly inexpensive amp- you can find another one used for a few hundred and run two in stereo

via the axe outs and fx returns

Yup...running two 1/2 stacks from Axe out 1 L and R into each heads return is kick ass... just no cab sims. I've had some serious fun with this set up...

so going into the effects loop and turning the cab sim off is a good way to go, yea?

Thanks guys! Idea for the stereo sounds awesome!

so going into the effects loop and turning the cab sim off is a good way to go, yea?

Thanks guys! Idea for the stereo sounds awesome!

Tone is subjective, there is no real right or wrong way if the end result is you achieve the tone that pleases you.

Tone is subjective, there is no real right or wrong way if the end result is you achieve the tone that pleases you.

Totally agree. I guess if I had any of the real amps I can guesstimate how it sounds compared to the real ones but I like what I'm hearing right now. I just can't say, 'Yea, that sounds like (insert amp here)!!!' :)

Cheers !

Back
Top Bottom